IGNORED

NJ DEP fine’s itself…

11 minutes ago, electricstart said:

I think the state is great. I think the politicians that run it don't have clue. 

1. Official Name: New Jersey.
  2. Governor: Phil Murphy.
  3. Contact: Contact the governor.
  4. Phone Number: 1-609-292-6000.
image.png.bb5fc5ea20ce91ebc3d77086e673ab49.png
https://www.usa.gov › new-jersey

Here'express your opinion

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

From what I've seen--and I've looked closely--there are some people in important State positions who have backgrounds in areas of wildlife science that are in fact incorrect for what they do. Or they have classeoom-based backgrounds but no real hands in or practical experience, which is of course especially critical for anything related to hunting.

Every one of these cases is a function of budget cuts and "restructurings," often in the wake of retirements of dedicated and qualified professionals who become too expensive to replace.

Systematically starving important agencies like the Division is happening at all levels of government, while money gets thrown at BS projects and corrupt policies. It usually has nothing to do with "woke," and everything to do with that age old thing called "greed" and power grabs

35 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

From what I've seen--and I've looked closely--there are some people in important State positions who have backgrounds in areas of wildlife science that are in fact incorrect for what they do. Or they have classeoom-based backgrounds but no real hands in or practical experience, which is of course especially critical for anything related to hunting.

Every one of these cases is a function of budget cuts and "restructurings," often in the wake of retirements of dedicated and qualified professionals who become too expensive to replace.

Systematically starving important agencies like the Division is happening at all levels of government, while money gets thrown at BS projects and corrupt policies. It usually has nothing to do with "woke," and everything to do with that age old thing called "greed" and power grabs

The government agencies I worked with my entire life are not starving for money. In fact they are carelessly bloated beyond anything a private sector could ever survive.  People are coming to work with nothing to do is a daily life. 
With so many examples of hiring because for what someone is, or think he is, you are going to tell us it’s not happening? You are truly a great defender of liberal causes 

Edited by Lunatic

SMH. I stand corrected as I thought for sure the granola heads had this wrong and Division professionals had dotted their i’s and crossed their t’s for this project due to the scrutiny that always comes with wildlife management nowadays. 

Someone should answer for the blunder and the Murphy appointed DEP Commissioner would be a start. 

But I still like that some woodcock habitat was done. 

1 minute ago, Bonefreak said:

SMH. I stand corrected as I thought for sure the granola heads had this wrong and Division professionals had dotted their i’s and crossed their t’s for this project due to the scrutiny that always comes with wildlife management nowadays. 

Someone should answer for the blunder and the Murphy appointed DEP Commissioner would be a start. 

But I still like that some woodcock habitat was done. 

No one will answer. I have seen  government workers make enormous mistakes, costing us incredible amount of money to correct, only to see the persons making the mistake not punish but also  clime the ladder of promotion based only on seniority. 

17 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

The government agencies I worked with my entire life are not starving for money. In fact they are carelessly bloated beyond anything a private sector could ever survive.  People are coming to work with nothing to do is a daily life. 
With so many examples of hiring because of what someone is, or think he is, you are going to tell us it’s not happening? You are truly a great defender of liberal causes 

Lunatic, I think we're saying much of the same thing--it's not about no money, it's about money in the wrong places. It's about waste and corruption. If people are sitting around doing nothing while we need, for example, better wildlife management in other areas, then some important areas are being starved while others are corrupted or simply mismanaged. We could use more people managing deer herds well, but not more money for doing internet marketing at the Division, right? 

I work for a public university and we're absolutely starving at the classroom and research level while the administrators get fatter and fatter $$ deals. All the counselors for students to pick classes have been cut, the library can't buy books, there is  no computer support for professors and staff, the physical plant is crumbling and at times dangerous, and students are asked to pay more and more every year while faculty salaries drop well below the cost of living in our expensive part of the country. At the same time they double the salaries of administrators who do nothing, and then double their numbers. Top that with the fact that they have now replaced 50% of tenured faculty with adjuncts hired on a semester by semester basis who, if they don't conform to the thought police, get fired. Although you may not believe me, I'd imagine you're interested in that because as a tenured faculty member I can actually go out and tell students and anyone else that I don't agree with current gender orthodoxy. And I can argue in print and in the classroom that hunting is a lot better for the environment and more ethical than factory farming or some veganism based on soy fields that require that animals be shot (out of sight of the holy vegans).  This pisses off my Hilary colleagues to no end, and they'd get rid of me if I didn't have tenure so they could go on and on about the bad bear hunt and the evil, pathological hunters. So the crazy thing is that by starving universities of funding they actually make sure that there's no one with the job security to stand up to, or simply question, what I see you questioning on this site.  Cutting off funding to universities is making them more woke, by forcing them to hire people who don't have the job security to stand up to ridiculous things. And some of them are so more ridiculous than even comes out in the press. But at the same time the universities are bloated with $$ at the levels that allow politicians to play their games, and advance their careers while saying they're doing the right thing for education... 

For example, and as I think I've mentioned before on this site, I've walked into the very first job interview of a 2 day process for the most prestigious job I've every been up for, and straight up before I open my mouth been told by the Chair of the Department, "I hear you're a smart guy, and even a nice guy. But you're not gonna get this job, so sit back and try to enjoy your day. Choose a good dish for lunch." They'd already decided to give it to a woman of color, and the department was split between 'diversifying' or hiring the person whose research had greater merit. They went with identity politics. Since then I've been in meetings with the person they hired instead of me, since we interact professionally, and she's burst our sobbing at the table, "I feel so IN-adquate!" She runs from me when we cross paths, and I've never done a thing to her. How's that not F'd up to the max, emblematic of where we are as a society trying to make up in hamfisted ways for past injustices, and an example of me feeling in the skin yet another example of hiring because of what someone is, but not what they can do? The identity politics increased the alienation of a woman of color, cost me a job, and left students being taught by someone who her peers admit is not up the task, but "looks the part." Yeah, so, I couldn't agree with you more that people get hired because of who they are. In colleges today we've replaced the idiot preppy son of a wealthy family, with patches on his button down sweater, with a different identity category. Neither did, or does, a whole lot for the life of the mind or our kids' educations. If you simply say that money is being wasted in universities they'll double down on the diversity coordinators and get rid of tenured faculty who are in a structural position to look the college provost in the eye and call "bullshit." Those of us who are tenured do that regularly. But now we're only 50% of staff and getting smaller. That's why I'm trying to disaggregate your claims about bloating, and offering up what I've seen at the Division. None of that denies your basic point about identity politics and bad hiring policies that are taking over the US. Same is true for college admissions--my kid studied alongside the son of the (dictatorial) president of an African nation who was considered "diversity" but almost no white, working class or truly poor kids. They didn't fill the right category on the federal government forms. So they don't count. You want that changed, support a system that allows those inside it to call out BS for BS, or harmful polices for what they are.

Take a look at what I actually write you might see that I agree with a lot of what you've said. I just don't accept blanket statements that go against the evidence I see, but welcome any real evidence you offer. Right now in my career I'm consistently discriminated against in the US because they don't want the optics of, for example, a white guy talking about slavery art a keynote address or a straight guy disagreeing with the "velvet mafia."  And yet that same white, straight guy who actually knows something about slavery consistently gets invited by foreign universities where the ID politics paradigm doesn't reign supreme.

But, and trust me on this, the tide is reversing. It's not apparent yet in the news, or even in university-wide pronouncements, but faculty who have heads on their shoulders are rebelling and fighting back against what's been going on. It might not be the way you'd do it, but it's happening. 

19 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

Lunatic, I think we're saying much of the same thing--it's not about no money, it's about money in the wrong places. It's about waste and corruption. If people are sitting around doing nothing while we need, for example, better wildlife management in other areas, then some important areas are being starved while others are corrupted or simply mismanaged. We could use more people managing deer herds well, but not more money for doing internet marketing at the Division, right? 

I work for a public university and we're absolutely starving at the classroom and research level while the administrators get fatter and fatter $$ deals. All the counselors for students to pick classes have been cut, the library can't buy books, there is  no computer support for professors and staff, the physical plant is crumbling and at times dangerous, and students are asked to pay more and more every year while faculty salaries drop well below the cost of living in our expensive part of the country. At the same time they double the salaries of administrators who do nothing, and then double their numbers. Top that with the fact that they have now replaced 50% of tenured faculty with adjuncts hired on a semester by semester basis who, if they don't conform to the thought police, get fired. Although you may not believe me, I'd imagine you're interested in that because as a tenured faculty member I can actually go out and tell students and anyone else that I don't agree with current gender orthodoxy. And I can argue in print and in the classroom that hunting is a lot better for the environment and more ethical than factory farming or some veganism based on soy fields that require that animals be shot (out of sight of the holy vegans).  This pisses off my Hilary colleagues to no end, and they'd get rid of me if I didn't have tenure so they could go on and on about the bad bear hunt and the evil, pathological hunters. So the crazy thing is that by starving universities of funding they actually make sure that there's no one with the job security to stand up to, or simply question, what I see you questioning on this site.  Cutting off funding to universities is making them more woke, by forcing them to hire people who don't have the job security to stand up to ridiculous things. And some of them are so more ridiculous than even comes out in the press. But at the same time the universities are bloated with $$ at the levels that allow politicians to play their games, and advance their careers while saying they're doing the right thing for education... 

For example, and as I think I've mentioned before on this site, I've walked into the very first job interview of a 2 day process for the most prestigious job I've every been up for, and straight up before I open my mouth been told by the Chair of the Department, "I hear you're a smart guy, and even a nice guy. But you're not gonna get this job, so sit back and try to enjoy your day. Choose a good dish for lunch." They'd already decided to give it to a woman of color, and the department was split between 'diversifying' or hiring the person whose research had greater merit. They went with identity politics. Since then I've been in meetings with the person they hired instead of me, since we interact professionally, and she's burst our sobbing at the table, "I feel so IN-adquate!" She runs from me when we cross paths, and I've never done a thing to her. How's that not F'd up to the max, emblematic of where we are as a society trying to make up in hamfisted ways for past injustices, and an example of me feeling in the skin yet another example of hiring because of what someone is, but not what they can do? The identity politics increased the alienation of a woman of color, cost me a job, and left students being taught by someone who her peers admit is not up the task, but "looks the part." Yeah, so, I couldn't agree with you more that people get hired because of who they are. In colleges today we've replaced the idiot preppy son of a wealthy family, with patches on his button down sweater, with a different identity category. Neither did, or does, a whole lot for the life of the mind or our kids' educations. If you simply say that money is being wasted in universities they'll double down on the diversity coordinators and get rid of tenured faculty who are in a structural position to look the college provost in the eye and call "bullshit." Those of us who are tenured do that regularly. But now we're only 50% of staff and getting smaller. That's why I'm trying to disaggregate your claims about bloating, and offering up what I've seen at the Division. None of that denies your basic point about identity politics and bad hiring policies that are taking over the US. Same is true for college admissions--my kid studied alongside the son of the (dictatorial) president of an African nation who was considered "diversity" but almost no white, working class or truly poor kids. They didn't fill the right category on the federal government forms. So they don't count. You want that changed, support a system that allows those inside it to call out BS for BS, or harmful polices for what they are.

Take a look at what I actually write you might see that I agree with a lot of what you've said. I just don't accept blanket statements that go against the evidence I see, but welcome any real evidence you offer. Right now in my career I'm consistently discriminated against in the US because they don't want the optics of, for example, a white guy talking about slavery art a keynote address or a straight guy disagreeing with the "velvet mafia."  And yet that same white, straight guy who actually knows something about slavery consistently gets invited by foreign universities where the ID politics paradigm doesn't reign supreme.

But, and trust me on this, the tide is reversing. It's not apparent yet in the news, or even in university-wide pronouncements, but faculty who have heads on their shoulders are rebelling and fighting back against what's been going on. It might not be the way you'd do it, but it's happening. 

Rutgers needs you!

171106_vod_orig_nj_gov_race_16x9_992.jpg

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Just now, hunterbob1 said:

Rutgers needs you!

171106_vod_orig_nj_gov_race_16x9_992.jpg

How do I make that guy's face go away?

Careful, Bob, I'm sending the Soros-funded thought police to a little town in Hunterdon and they're gonna bypass the housing developments, find your house, and lock you up and make you wash panties

4 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

How do I make that guy's face go away?

Careful, Bob, I'm sending the Soros-funded thought police to a little town in Hunterdon and they're gonna bypass the housing developments, find your house, and lock you up and make you wash panties

Ready bring em on

on-the-set-of-true-grit.jpg