IGNORED

Trapping near Others

6 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Well let's give @trapoholic an opportunity to respond to those specific claims against him.  Sounds like two completely opposite stories.  This doesn't seem like a fuzzy line or grey area anymore than hunting someone else's treestand would be.

For what it's worth- As mentioned in an earlier post, I have always been a Meadowlands trapper. And you can ask my mother and my ex-wife. And I still have all of my NJ trapping licenses going all the way back to 1973.  A lifetime of running through that waist deep muck in the Meadowlands. I was not computer savvy at the time and did not go to Space Farms for any function. I was a lone wolfer and occasionally sometimes trapped with a partner, but most of the time on my own. Most of the time I shipped my fur to Zander or to other fur houses. Tom and Harry Zander have known me for years. And years ago I shipped a lot of fur to NYC. So, nobody knew who I was. Once I joined NJ Hunter everyone thought I was green because no one knew who I was. I was not in their "click" and I regret ever joining that site. And recently this site has resumed these fabricated attacks on me. Why this Bucndoe guy has brought up something that happened over 10 years ago is beyond me. And he was not even there. As Bucndoe said-"He heard this from not one, not two, but three people in his "Click". The outsider is always the bad guy.

Back to what happened out on the marsh-  Occasionally I would find trap or two left behind that I knew were set from a boat by another trapper. As I was also trapping from a boat. I never crossed paths with this other trapper. One day I was launching my boat and Joe the Game Warden stopped me in the parking lot. He told me there had been another trapper working the same section of marsh with his boat a few weeks ago. I was inquiring as to who was this guy. He didn't know too much about the other trapper except that he would trap for a week and then not trap for a couple of weeks after that. Anyway, I few days later I am out in my boat checking MY traps and another boat comes along. It's the other trapper. So we meet out on the marsh while I already had traps in the ditches. We were both in our boats when we met! Where do you think I met this guy!!! So right there, I was entitled to keep my traps out. He invited me over to his house that evening and we talked for a while about trapping. Then he invited me to "Tag" along with him to keep him company the following week in his boat. We had a good time that day. So why was I supposed to pull out my traps if I was already trapping in that section??? Contrary to Bucndoe's comment that this guy taught me to trap is mind boggling. What an insult to a lifetime of muskrat trapping! I was stacking up muskrats out in the Meadowlands when Bucndoe was still in Gramar School. Again, Bucndoe was not even involved in any of this! So how could he possible know what happened!  (Yes, I now have a personal beef with Bucndoe).  The other trapper told me to go ahead and trap anywhere I wanted to because he had also found a trap of mine that had been lost in the marsh. He knew I was his competition. We both delt with competition in the past. Nothing new here except the "Click" of busy body guys on NJ Hunter Forum. There was a third party involved here who really instigated things and ramped up the BS on NJ Hunter. In the heat of all of this I called the other trapper with the boat and asked him if he was having a problem with me? He said "no, not at all, I don't know what you're talking about". The bottom line here is that this was all blown out of proportion on the NJ Hunter site.

In fact, after all of this happened, I have since trapped with two of these same individuals and have carpooled down to Zander with the other trapper on a few occasions. I would go over to his house and help him get caught up on skinning in the spring when the rats were running good.  And this all happened over 10 years ago and is now water under the bridge. This is how social media can destroy a persons reputation. The bottom line is this- If you were not there, stay out of it and mind your own business. New Jersey Woods and Waters" really hit a low spot allowing that "Internet Bully" to make repeated attacks on me. Two of the other trappers are no longer actively trapping today. But yet the only one who still has a "Beef" with me is the only guy who had absolutely nothing to do with it "Bucndoe".

And as mentioned by DougM, the muskrats were selling for $12.00 each and he wanted them all for himself. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. Tidal waters are not owned by you. And he didn't even have a boat! How could it be his area! Funny how now that rats are selling for $2.00 average today and half of them are all chewed up by the water rats, that nobody has a problem with me trapping there anymore! I was never a "Money Trapper".

Edited by trapoholic

1 hour ago, trapoholic said:

For what it's worth- As mentioned in an earlier post, I have always been a Meadowlands trapper. And you can ask my mother and my ex-wife. And I still have all of my NJ trapping licenses going all the way back to 1973.  A lifetime of running through that waist deep muck in the Meadowlands. I was not computer savvy at the time and did not go to Space Farms for any function. I was a lone wolfer and occasionally sometimes trapped with a partner, but most of the time on my own. Most of the time I shipped my fur to Zander or to other fur houses. Tom and Harry Zander have known me for years. And years ago I shipped a lot of fur to NYC. So, nobody knew who I was. Once I joined NJ Hunter everyone thought I was green because no one knew who I was. I was not in their "click" and I regret ever joining that site. And recently this site has resumed these fabricated attacks on me. Why this Bucndoe guy has brought up something that happened over 10 years ago is beyond me. And he was not even there. As Bucndoe said-"He heard this from not one, not two, but three people in his "Click". The outsider is always the bad guy.

Back to what happened out on the marsh-  Occasionally I would find trap or two left behind that I knew were set from a boat by another trapper. As I was also trapping from a boat. I never crossed paths with this other trapper. One day I was launching my boat and Joe the Game Warden stopped me in the parking lot. He told me there had been another trapper working the same section of marsh with his boat a few weeks ago. I was inquiring as to who was this guy. He didn't know too much about the other trapper except that he would trap for a week and then not trap for a couple of weeks after that. Anyway, I few days later I am out in my boat checking MY traps and another boat comes along. It's the other trapper. So we meet out on the marsh while I already had traps in the ditches. We were both in our boats when we met! Where do you think I met this guy!!! So right there, I was entitled to keep my traps out. He invited me over to his house that evening and we talked for a while about trapping. Then he invited me to "Tag" along with him to keep him company the following week in his boat. We had a good time that day. So why was I supposed to pull out my traps if I was already trapping in that section??? Contrary to Bucndoe's comment that this guy taught me to trap is mind boggling. What an insult to a lifetime of muskrat trapping! I was stacking up muskrats out in the Meadowlands when Bucndoe was still in Gramar School. Again, Bucndoe was not even involved in any of this! So how could he possible know what happened!  (Yes, I now have a personal beef with Bucndoe).  The other trapper told me to go ahead and trap anywhere I wanted to because he had also found a trap of mine that had been lost in the marsh. He knew I was his competition. We both delt with competition in the past. Nothing new here except the "Click" of busy body guys on NJ Hunter Forum. There was a third party involved here who really instigated things and ramped up the BS on NJ Hunter. In the heat of all of this I called the other trapper with the boat and asked him if he was having a problem with me? He said "no, not at all, I don't know what you're talking about". The bottom line here is that this was all blown out of proportion on the NJ Hunter site.

In fact, after all of this happened, I have since trapped with two of these same individuals and have carpooled down to Zander with the other trapper on a few occasions. I would go over to his house and help him get caught up on skinning in the spring when the rats were running good.  And this all happened over 10 years ago and is now water under the bridge. This is how social media can destroy a persons reputation. The bottom line is this- If you were not there, stay out of it and mind your own business. New Jersey Woods and Waters" really hit a low spot allowing that "Internet Bully" to make repeated attacks on me. Two of the other trappers are no longer actively trapping today. But yet the only one who still has a "Beef" with me is the only guy who had absolutely nothing to do with it "Bucndoe".

And as mentioned by DougM, the muskrats were selling for $12.00 each and he wanted them all for himself. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. Tidal waters are not owned by you. And he didn't even have a boat! How could it be his area! Funny how now that rats are selling for $2.00 average today and half of them are all chewed up by the water rats, that nobody has a problem with me trapping there anymore! I was never a "Money Trapper".

Now I'm really confused, it doesn't take much but I am. I posted no names, no specific locations, no details, or the old thread so you weren't piled on or crushed on here. However, someone else who was there, knows all the facts, and did yet you have a beef with me ?

I will be up in Sussex next week. Send me a PM and we will meet up to have an adult conversation instead of internet banter. Depending on the day it will have to be over coffee or soda. I gave up beer for Lent. Your call.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

On 3/8/2023 at 3:56 PM, BowhunterNJ said:

@JHbowhunter follows that same strategy when hunting big bucks...

He usually hangs his lock on  stand 8 to 10 feet above every ladder stand he finds. This way he saves on tree steps and always gets the first shot at an approaching trophy buck.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

On 4/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, Coyoteslayer said:

It's clique not click just so we re all clear on that 🤣🤣

No clique for me, I'm nobody. In Sussex fishing till Sunday and the only response I got was crickets

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."