IGNORED

11/13 check in.

FDhunt1213

6 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I am not impressed with these new muck arctic ice boots they are supposed to be good to -40 I just wore a light pair of cotton socks today because it's in the upper 40s. I should not need heavy wool and my freaking toes are getting cold.

You sipping coffee in the stand? That could do it...

Go in for surgery next Tuesday. Missed a nice buck on public land on the 9th. With time running out for me, I shot a spike this evening to fill the freezer and help the land owner out with his deer problem. Was a nice evening and a nice hunt. 20 yards quartering away. Aimed for the rear shoulder. Saw him drop at 40 yards. Bloodtrail was insane. 

Going upstate NY next weekend for rifle for my season finale. Good luck to everyone still putting the time in. I would think tomorrow would be a great day to be in the woods. High pressure and 2nd day of a cold front. 

20221113_165222.jpg

Edited by Stugots

Had a great hunt.  Rarely hunt from blind but I did tonight for a big change in scenery and a diff zone.  Saw a lot of deer 16 total.  All In range except for the 8pt buck way down the hill guarding a doe I could not see which started at 3:15 pm and went for 90 minutes. But he stood there in open while she was in thicket for that long. Eventually she moved and they ran off. No big deal - a 3 yr old buck I would not shoot.  But having the rest of the deer ground level as close as 10 yards as the sun set was awesome. This is why I hunt 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….