IGNORED

South Zone Ducks

Batsto

We watched just as many beavers this morning as we did ducks.

Me and a buddy and his dog walked to a spot I found last year that was loaded with wood ducks. I get to a trail that used to be just ankle deep with water, and it's hip deep now. :headscratch: Huh, weird, I thought. Where'd all the water come from? We get closer to the spot and we hear loud thumping on the water - beaver telling us we are trespassing and to go away. I look around and I see all the work these guys put into this spot over the past year making a little slice of heaven for themselves. Lots of small tree stumps and plenty of debris damming up the water.

We saw 4 wood ducks and probably that many beavers this morning lol

I was telling my friend, "This is why I love hunting. Even though we aren't seeing any ducks, how many people can say they heard beavers chomping on wood before daybreak and watching them swim and splash?" So it wasn't a totally lost morning. Beavers are cool creatures.

14 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

We watched just as many beavers this morning as we did ducks.

Me and a buddy and his dog walked to a spot I found last year that was loaded with wood ducks. I get to a trail that used to be just ankle deep with water, and it's hip deep now. :headscratch: Huh, weird, I thought. Where'd all the water come from? We get closer to the spot and we hear loud thumping on the water - beaver telling us we are trespassing and to go away. I look around and I see all the work these guys put into this spot over the past year making a little slice of heaven for themselves. Lots of small tree stumps and plenty of debris damming up the water.

We saw 4 wood ducks and probably that many beavers this morning lol

I was telling my friend, "This is why I love hunting. Even though we aren't seeing any ducks, how many people can say they heard beavers chomping on wood before daybreak and watching them swim and splash?" So it wasn't a totally lost morning. Beavers are cool creatures.

We also hunt a flooded timber area. My old basketball ankles find the hike in entertaining. Beavers are amazing engineers. Woodies love those beaver ponds. Our problem is sneaking in with minimal noise. 

9E329D7A-FDD7-45B6-9602-CA64FFAF9D1D.jpeg

07635EFD-CD19-42D6-AC94-902F5E0A556E.jpeg

99E7A613-0BFD-485F-A9C3-D97842C2FD50.jpeg

Edited by Batsto

• 4 weeks later...