IGNORED

Anyone going out Opening day Fluke tomorrow

Buck154

I love fluking and never miss opening day till tomorrow.  Water is right around 50 degrees inside and chance of rain. With season 3 weeks early and not a very good spring I will pass on tomorrow.  Will try to get out for a afternoon or two later in the week to try. 

Is anyone going out? I know way down south the water should be a little warmer. Sharkriver and Manasquan are only around 50. Up in the back waters of the Raritan Bay there is warmer water so some fish maybe be caught there.

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Many of the party boats wanted these bullshit regs .

Saw yesterday most have decided it’s too early to target them .

Yeah. 

We need a solid week or so of sun and no rain. They are here but just need the water temp to come up some. Good to see you had one on the striper spoon and the other guy had the one on a fly.

3 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Yeah. 

We need a solid week or so of sun and no rain. They are here but just need the water temp to come up some. 

When I was a young Taylor hammer, I used to make the long trek to catch winter and summer flounder in oyster creek.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, TroutandBucks said:

I got 1 short fishing from land almost 17. Waders filled with water guess i had a hole in them water is still very cold and the bite felt like they were just holding on to the baits 

Interesting comment!

I know exactly what you're talking about.

Learned a long time ago same thing with a trout with a nymph in January or February or  largemouth Bass water temperature is a big key to how aggressive they are or not  feeding. Sometimes slower is better.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

7 minutes ago, SPEARFISH said:

They will bite good in August like they always do

They’re out there and if yo know where to go you can catch them now

we used to get fluke and flounder at the same time 

Caught a winter flounder once I think it was July close to the north beach near Rock piles. Released Nemo back unharmed.