IGNORED

Walpack Inn

Went to the Walpack Inn yesterday for dinner. On the way in, it’s the most wildlife I’ve ever seen. There were deer everywhere. I’m pretty sure I saw my first fisher (in person, I get them on trail cam in the Daks). I am not sure what else it could have been, but I don’t know that we have fisher? Saw two porcupines, one with maybe mange? I am not sure if they could get mange or not, but the rear end had no quills in a large section and was whiteish. Also saw a good sized bear feeding off the road, so we stopped and watched him for a bit. 

While at dinner there were plenty of deer that came for their nightly feeding time. We also got a nice present with a big bear eating just about our whole dinner. Just made me think of how much I appreciated the bears presence, even if it’s because we are feeding him, and the love that I have for these animals. Non hunters think we don’t love animals, but it’s funny, we probably love and appreciate them more then most people. 

I hope that we can prevent the Gap from becoming a national park. Things are great the way they are. I only see them getting worse with such a designation. 

160BD5CA-C709-4CF5-8DE7-5ECF85687891.jpeg

FA29DEF2-D5C4-4FBF-921A-18C19743E1BC.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jcol6268 said:

Went to the Walpack Inn yesterday for dinner. On the way in, it’s the most wildlife I’ve ever seen. There were deer everywhere. I’m pretty sure I saw my first fisher (in person, I get them on trail cam in the Daks). I am not sure what else it could have been, but I don’t know that we have fisher? Saw two porcupines, one with maybe mange? I am not sure if they could get mange or not, but the rear end had no quills in a large section and was whiteish. Also saw a good sized bear feeding off the road, so we stopped and watched him for a bit. 

While at dinner there were plenty of deer that came for their nightly feeding time. We also got a nice present with a big bear eating just about our whole dinner. Just made me think of how much I appreciated the bears presence, even if it’s because we are feeding him, and the love that I have for these animals. Non hunters think we don’t love animals, but it’s funny, we probably love and appreciate them more then most people. 

I hope that we can prevent the Gap from becoming a national park. Things are great the way they are. I only see them getting worse with such a designation. 

160BD5CA-C709-4CF5-8DE7-5ECF85687891.jpeg

FA29DEF2-D5C4-4FBF-921A-18C19743E1BC.jpeg

Yes, NJ has fishers. We also have tons of otters in the Flatbrook. But you most certainly could have seen a fisher. The porky you saw with “mange” was a porky that recently sent some quills into the face of some poor animal. They are a fisher’s favorite food.  

Went there 2 years ago after listening to all the hype. Guess I would have frequented it years ago after a day of hunting or fishing back in the day. Had the Prime Rib and it was just OK, definitely not worth the hour + drive for me and wouldn't go back unless in the area. 

I always thought the food was lack luster we always went for the atmosphere and salad bar of all things lol.

From reviews and class of people in the area, meaning the travelers not locals. It's just not worth the 35 minute drive

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

13 minutes ago, Roon said:

I always thought the food was lack luster we always went for the atmosphere and salad bar of all things lol.

From reviews and class of people in the area, meaning the travelers not locals. It's just not worth the 35 minute drive

You can make it in 35 min ? I'm sure it was over an hour for me from Asbury.

12 minutes ago, Jerzguy2 said:

You can make it in 35 min ? I'm sure it was over an hour for me from Asbury

It's 35 miles from my house,  sport bike nights 35 minutes was a leisurely ride lol,  if taking truck you're rightish I'll get there in about 45 to 50 minutes

50 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

We used to go there often due to the atmosphere and deer feeding. Very little mounts left and deer only come in the winter months since they let the city slickers walk all over the fields behind. No thank you.

Bingo they gave up to gain, unfortunately the way the mankind is going there is more of them than us