IGNORED

Walpack Inn

They use to have a prime rib special on Fridays. Think it was $25 bucks for king cut. They did away with that once the mounts left.  I loved one deer mount behind the bar on the left. Big moose nose..lol! Now we hit the Layton Hotel. Better food and better prices! 

6 hours ago, Jerzguy2 said:

Went there 2 years ago after listening to all the hype. Guess I would have frequented it years ago after a day of hunting or fishing back in the day. Had the Prime Rib and it was just OK, definitely not worth the hour + drive for me and wouldn't go back unless in the area. 

Very similar experience,  but I go once a year in the fall with wife and sometimes the kids, it's a million dollar view in late Sept,  early October, 

been going there since I was a little kid in the 60's and 70's.   The fresh baked dark bread and salad bar was always better than any overpriced overcooked food they made. Love the view and the mounts.  Haven't been there since they took the mounts down. Will probably get back there someday.  Spent a lot of hours pheasant hunting, deer hunting, trout fishing and shad fishing all around there most of my long life and still am. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Last time I went a couple of years ago people were walking all around the fields where the deer usually come by the windows.  That was the last time I went.  Are they still letting people walk back there?

I think so, you just don’t happen to see it this time of year. During the warmer weather though is a different story. The animals came out at dark.