IGNORED

T-Bone Deer Processing

SxSshooter

1 hour ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

That guy is a complete a#shole...always angry..makes you feel like your bothering him when u want to bring a deer there.his son will tell you the same thing

Agree 100%. Was doing a management hunt one year, took a deer to him. Went to pick it up and drop off another one. He gave me an attitude and told me he didn't want it. I asked him if he was serious, he said yup. I got and paid for the one he butchered, grabbed my other one and started dragging it back to my truck. He said OK, put that one in the cooler. My reply was F##K you, I don't need your F##king attitude every time I come in here, I won't be bothering you anymore. He tried to play it off saying he was just busting balls. I Left and never went back. As far as his son goes, I know a few guys that took deer to him this year and weren't happy with the amount of meat they got back. My buddy ordered 5 LBs of hot sticks and chip steaks. He received 6 sticks and there wasn't any chip steaks. I told huim to go back and raise hell with him and he said he's not, because he'll just steal it from someone else. Plus he only got 2 bags of meat that weren't even all the way filled up. 

32 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Agree 100%. Was doing a management hunt one year, took a deer to him. Went to pick it up and drop off another one. He gave me an attitude and told me he didn't want it. I asked him if he was serious, he said yup. I got and paid for the one he butchered, grabbed my other one and started dragging it back to my truck. He said OK, put that one in the cooler. My reply was F##K you, I don't need your F##king attitude every time I come in here, I won't be bothering you anymore. He tried to play it off saying he was just busting balls. I Left and never went back. As far as his son goes, I know a few guys that took deer to him this year and weren't happy with the amount of meat they got back. My buddy ordered 5 LBs of hot sticks and chip steaks. He received 6 sticks and there wasn't any chip steaks. I told huim to go back and raise hell with him and he said he's not, because he'll just steal it from someone else. Plus he only got 2 bags of meat that weren't even all the way filled up. 

I believe this as I heard very similar accounts

Took a deer to his son to butcher....as did a friend....regular cuts where ok but we both hated the sausage it was so bad I put it out for bear bait

I'll drive 30 mins to Hunterdon Deer Butcher....I'm super happy with Jimmy's work as is my family 

Edited by BHC

39 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Really surprised to hear this. I used him all the time when I lived in Easton and always enjoyed talking to him, and thought the quality was good. I never got specialty cuts so I can't speak for the quality. That being said Hunterdon Deer Butcher is the best I've used in the 44 years I've been doing this. 

1 hour ago, Lungsonlvs said:

Other than occasional grumpiness I can’t say a bad thing about him. Great butcher. 

There are way to many good choices around to put up with even grumpiness once in a while.  I don't know this guy but would never go there a second time if I was not treated with respect the 1st time.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Having a total package of personality, fair pricing, clean conditions, and great results is ideal but always not achieved. If I had to pick one I could do without his "personality". Would be nice if he was always pleasant. We are talking about a Butcher. Not a Psychotherapist. You have little interactions with him. If he's a little "off", get over it. It's the results that count. Besides, Butchers are becoming more scarce. It's not like they are in every town. 

Edited by archer36

On 12/22/2021 at 1:58 PM, Buckmaster3405 said:

That guy is a complete a#shole...always angry..makes you feel like your bothering him when u want to bring a deer there.his son will tell you the same thing

Been using him since I started hunting and my dad used him before that, he honestly is a great guy he just gets grumpy and who's to blame him I'd be grumpy too with some of the shit people bring in there.  I was there 2 weeks ago and a guy didnt even gut the deer he brought him.  I asked him.why there was a can of guts there he said guy didnt gut it, I joked with him about getting soft in his old age the younger him woulda thrown the guy out with that deer.  Tom does fantastic work and always get back what I expect if not more he is very thorough and doesn't leave any meat behind, same.with his kid.  Maybe if people are getting back less meat than they think they deserve try thinking maybe your shot damaged a bunch of meat or how you took care of it getting it out.  IMO both Tom and his son are great butchers and do a very good job, that being said ni matter what ya do you cant please everybody someone's always gunna have negative feed back.

Edited by Septicdude
Grammer errors