IGNORED

2 Illinois gun hunts for 2022

tcook8296

20 minutes ago, BHC said:

I'm finally going back in 2022....I want to go back for the 3 weeks I normally do out there but I have 2 weddings to attend to.

Weddin's durin the hunting season?:banghead: 

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Putting all your hopes in a 3 day hunt is very risky. Too many chances of bad weather and no days to rebound. You can't compare a Midwest hunt to NJ for sure, but you better go to church every week and pray for good weather. Just look at the tornadoes recently in Kentucky. Weather is very unstable and unpredictable anymore. But if you want a giant, you won't get one here 

Edited by archer36

25 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

How many guys will be bow hunting this property prior to the first shotgun season?

The hunting on this property is as follows,

3 six day bowhunts with 3 bowhunters and 1 three day hunt with the shotgun

With 3 hunters. 

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

58 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Putting all your hopes in a 3 day hunt is very risky. Too many chances of bad weather and no days to rebound. You can't compare a Midwest hunt to NJ for sure, but you better go to church every week and pray for good weather. Just look at the tornadoes recently in Kentucky. Weather is very unstable and unpredictable anymore. But if you want a giant, you won't get one here 

For guys or ladies that have never been on an outfitted deer hunt some things to consider.

This is a trophy hunt with a 140 minimum.  

A 140 inch deer a lot of NJ hunters have never seen one. 

There are no bait piles, driving etc. You will be hunting stands on know travel corridors, pinch points and funnels. 

Be prepared to hunt dark to dark for the duration of your hunt and even then there are no guarantees. 

Be prepared for all weather conditions. 

Rain gear and layered clothing. 

Make sure your gear is in good condition and you are proficient with it. 

There are many variables in an outfitted hunt that affects your success. Some you can control.

If the thought of eating a tag bothers you, do not go on an outfitted trophy hunt. 

I usually don't like to put these hunts on here. 

I've sent many guys on trips to the Midwest. 

The last thing I want is someone from here to go on a hunt and not see a shooter buck or lack of game or whatever and then come back and bash the hunt. 

For the guys that know me here I have shot some nice deer on these hunts including one that had a write up done by North American Whitetail that scored almost 200 inches. 

I also have several 140s, 150s and 160s on these hunts. 

If I'm hunting it, I have confidence there is a potential to kill a Boone and Crockett deer on the farm otherwise I wouldn't be there. 

As far as success rates on deer over 140, it will be better than NJ. 

Just ask any NJ hunter how many 140s they killed and I bet most couldn't show you one. 

I haven't shot a buck in 3 years now. 

You will be hunting where big deer live. 

All the pics are from last season. 

I hunted the property 3 weeks ago on this 3 day hunt and saw 18 bucks from dinks up to 14o inches. I saw 12 does and 2 coyote. 

The guy I was hunting with shot a 154 10 pt on the 1st morning and they shot a 184 they never seen before the week before I got there. 

Since I am hunting the farm myself I want like minded hunters as well. 

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

1 hour ago, tcook8296 said:

For guys or ladies that have never been on an outfitted deer hunt some things to consider.

This is a trophy hunt with a 140 minimum.  

A 140 inch deer a lot of NJ hunters have never seen one. 

There are no bait piles, driving etc. You will be hunting stands on know travel corridors, pinch points and funnels. 

Be prepared to hunt dark to dark for the duration of your hunt and even then there are no guarantees. 

Be prepared for all weather conditions. 

Rain gear and layered clothing. 

Make sure your gear is in good condition and you are proficient with it. 

There are many variables in an outfitted hunt that affects your success. Some you can control.

If the thought of eating a tag bothers you, do not go on an outfitted trophy hunt. 

I usually don't like to put these hunts on here. 

I've sent many guys on trips to the Midwest. 

The last thing I want is someone from here to go on a hunt and not see a shooter buck or lack of game or whatever and then come back and bash the hunt. 

For the guys that know me here I have shot some nice deer on these hunts including one that had a write up done by North American Whitetail that scored almost 200 inches. 

I also have several 140s, 150s and 160s on these hunts. 

If I'm hunting it, I have confidence there is a potential to kill a Boone and Crockett deer on the farm otherwise I wouldn't be there. 

As far as success rates on deer over 140, it will be better than NJ. 

Just ask any NJ hunter how many 140s they killed and I bet most couldn't show you one. 

I haven't shot a buck in 3 years now. 

You will be hunting where big deer live. 

All the pics are from last season. 

I hunted the property 3 weeks ago on this 3 day hunt and saw 18 bucks from dinks up to 14o inches. I saw 12 does and 2 coyote. 

The guy I was hunting with shot a 154 10 pt on the 1st morning and they shot a 184 they never seen before the week before I got there. 

Since I am hunting the farm myself I want like minded hunters as well. 

I've hunted on these farms for the last two years due to Covid keeping me from Saskatchewan. When that was not happening, I PM'd Tom to get some advice on hunting Illinois. By the end of the call, he had two outfitters phone numbers for us. He even called them before I had a chance to call to make sure we were taken care of. That first year, I saw over 25 bucks and numerous does. None were in the 140 category. It's worth it when you have movement dark to dark. 

This year was the total opposite. Different farms, warm weather, and strange rut timing. Saw plenty of does and only two bucks. My buddy saw 10 bucks, two being shooters. Unfortunately he could not convert. 

The guides here know the farms, terrain, and the big bucks that live there. Plenty of trail cam pics to keep your confidence high. They will move you right away if they think conditions are changing.

Do not be afraid to eat a tag. It's a trophy hunt with no guarantees. These farms are only hunted 3-4 weeks a year.

Good luck to the guys that accompany Tom on this hunt.

84039.thumb.jpeg.8768113712f9cfb665a08bb78073aa6d.jpeg84053.thumb.jpeg.01840bc2d53d5a631c8cc375873d9f06.jpeg84054.jpeg.c08bbc63808b0bb80fa4a8e02ae1faf2.jpeg