IGNORED

2 Illinois gun hunts for 2022

tcook8296

1 minute ago, electric10162 said:

I've hunted on these farms for the last two years due to Covid keeping me from Saskatchewan. When that was not happening, I PM'd Tom to get some advice on hunting Illinois. By the end of the call, he had two outfitters phone numbers for us. He even called them before I had a chance to call to make sure we were taken care of. That first year, I saw over 25 bucks and numerous does. None were in the 140 category. It's worth it when you have movement dark to dark. 

This year was the total opposite. Different farms, warm weather, and strange rut timing. Saw plenty of does and only two bucks. My buddy saw 10 bucks, two being shooters. Unfortunately he could not convert. 

The guides here know the farms, terrain, and the big bucks that live there. Plenty of trail cam pics to keep your confidence high. They will move you right away if they think conditions are changing.

Do not be afraid to eat a tag. It's a trophy hunt with no guarantees. These farms are only hunted 3-4 weeks a year.

Good luck to the guys that accompany Tom on this hunt.

84039.thumb.jpeg.8768113712f9cfb665a08bb78073aa6d.jpeg84053.thumb.jpeg.01840bc2d53d5a631c8cc375873d9f06.jpeg84054.jpeg.c08bbc63808b0bb80fa4a8e02ae1faf2.jpeg

Yes, absolutely. You have to be prepared to "eat a tag". If you are chasing trophy deer, considering all the possible conditions that may work against you, it may be 75 percent of the time. Know that going in as what stated before.

I'm sure outfitters will do everything possible to put you on a 140 and keep the 180 or 200 for themselves, family, friends or repeat customers.  Unless they assign properties and stands by a draw from a hat, i.e.: random assignment, beware.   140 is a nice buck. 

This has nothing to do with the property listed here, just something I have observed in general.

Edited by Nomad

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

I'm sure outfitters will do everything possible to put you on a 140 and keep the 180 or 200 for themselves, family, friends or repeat customers.  Unless they assign properties and stands by a draw from a hat, i.e.: random assignment, beware.   140 is a nice buck. 

This has nothing to do with the property listed here, just something I have observed in general.

180 to 200 inch deer are few and far between to begin with. These are all free range fair chase hunts. To think that an outfitter could save a particular deer in the wild would be an amazing feat. 

The deer we are hunting in Illinois roam vast areas sometimes several miles in one night. 

All farms under this operation are all 140 minimum starting this upcoming season. 

Combine that with hunting only the prime weeks of the rut make a big difference compared to other outfitters. 

I've been hunting with this outfit since 2009. 

I put in my time and I know what gets killed where. 

You can be assured if I post a hunt and I'm hunting it myself, the farm has really good trophy potential and anyone that hunts with me on that farm has a really good chance at seeing something real nice. 

Also I would never post a hunt on here I wouldn't do myself. 

I take pride in getting guys on big deer. 

200 inch deer get killed every year in the areas I hunt and put guys. 

If I'm posting the hunt, I know the property, who's guiding it and what's getting shot on it and around it. 

Anyone who goes on one of the hunts I offer on here can expect to be hunting on a farm that I know first hand and help take the worry out of going on one of those nightmare guided hunts every one speaks of. 

A cheap hunt is a cheap hunt

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

20 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

180 to 200 inch deer are few and far between to begin with. These are all free range fair chase hunts. To think that an outfitter could save a particular deer in the wild would be an amazing feat. 

The deer we are hunting in Illinois roam vast areas sometimes several miles in one night. 

All farms under this operation are all 140 minimum starting this upcoming season. 

Combine that with hunting only the prime weeks of the rut make a big difference compared to other outfitters. 

I've been hunting with this outfit since 2009. 

I put in my time and I know what gets killed where. 

You can be assured if I post a hunt and I'm hunting it myself, the farm has really good trophy potential and anyone that hunts with me on that farm has a really good chance at seeing something real nice. 

Also I would never post a hunt on here I wouldn't do myself. 

I take pride in getting guys on big deer. 

200 inch deer get killed every year in the areas I hunt and put guys. 

If I'm posting the hunt, I know the property, who's guiding it and what's getting shot on it and around it. 

Anyone who goes on one of the hunts I offer on here can expect to be hunting on a farm that I know first hand and help take the worry out of going on one of those nightmare guided hunts every one speaks of. 

A cheap hunt is a cheap hunt

Good info.  I actually think my comments are more applicable to Saskatchewan where I have hunted several times. (Not that I don't think that an outfitter anywhere would try to hunt the giants themselves.)   With bait piles and cameras it's a lot easier to save the big ones for certain people.