IGNORED

Darn bears

Chefhunter

Bears are  part of  deer hunting  now there always around . I am still not real comfortable being in a ladder stand  17 feet in the air and having 5oo pound  bear below me with only a bow in hand . I have not encountered any on way out in dark but always on look out . Just don't want to get between mother and cub . I have seen the mock charge during the day a little nerve racking . I have seen a bear and deer not long after or vice versa . Never together though . I agree going to get worse for sure. Someday more bear than deer without a hunting  season .  4 more years . Winter Bow usually if cold no bear . 

Just last Thursday, I was walking out of the woods after dark and had a bear about 30 yards from me ( I saw him go by before dark while in the tree). He was curious as to what I was and got himself to about 15/20 yards. I yelled out a few "Hey Bear's" to him and nocked an arrow. Luckily he spooked and ran off. They are like rats out in the woods now a days.

My area i hunt is absolutely covered in bear scat. I haven't been up in a couple of weeks but last time up it was all i found. 

My buddy was up last week and found deer scat by my stand and in the area so it appears they are moving back around. Bears will always be plentiful in new jersey. especially now since we won't have a hunting season for a year.