IGNORED

Spinal Fusion?

Timo

11 hours ago, Timo said:

Finally had the operation this morning. Anterior and posterior lumber fusion L4/L5 and some decompression on L3/L4
Still in the hospital on the pain drip so not sure what it actually feels like. Thanks everyone for your feedback. Puts you mind at ease. 9081046ffe3b197d9d9307cfb59a05f0.jpg

Best of luck to you in your recovery. Please keep us posted on your progress. Im looking at the same surgery in the near future.

Good luck Timo!

I'm curious what the avg. age is here for everyone talking about surgery in the near future?

At 55, i was told by the Dr. to avoid surgery 15yrs ago. So far, its worked but the comfort level has defiantly decreased recently. I'm trying to re-double my efforts as far as stretching and weight lifting.

My surgeon said in 2008 sooner you get up and moving the better you will do . I was up walking the night of surgery  i had fusion and a cage ( L5 / S1 if i remember correct) . Also i think having a good surgeon helped other than over doing things now and then i feel great.repairing my nerve damage took additional 4-1/2 hours , other rhan getting stiff from sitting extended times its all good.Good luck timo pain should start getting better soon after you get moving and do yourself a favor and listen to the surgeon. 

Good luck Timo!
I'm curious what the avg. age is here for everyone talking about surgery in the near future?
At 55, i was told by the Dr. to avoid surgery 15yrs ago. So far, its worked but the comfort level has defiantly decreased recently. I'm trying to re-double my efforts as far as stretching and weight lifting.

I’m 43. Had a discectomy 10 years ago. Been gradually getting worse where shot not PT helped. Was kinda left with no choice.

1 hour ago, megavites said:

Good luck Timo!

Good luck in the recovery.  Take it slow and easy but definitely get moving.

I had C4-5 fusion in 2012 (age 42) and C6-7 fusion in 2020 (age 50).  Move worked great and have had no issues.  

Good luck I’ve had 5 lumbar surgeries 3 of which were fusions… as well as disk replacement in my neck.

it’s a day to day struggle.

Some days I feel “fine” some days walking down a flight of stairs is a chore.

A2F4D99A-FF42-48AB-A7AA-2D2085028F0A.jpeg

B961CED7-4944-4D6A-8667-F28789F487E3.jpeg