IGNORED

11/2 ✔ in

Greybeard

24 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

on a short drive to lunch I saw 5 dead deer on the side of the road, including a nice buck 

So hunters are required to report a deer harvest. (Mandatory).. so the division of fish game and wildlife council at the end of the deer season check the tallies, to make a decision on how many does or bucks we allowed to kill the next season. Funny I've never seen a report on the number of roadkill, death by Auto. Bet a lot are button bucks who didn't make it another year.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Watched 6 ash trees come down and probably heard another 6. Decided it just wasn’t worth it. Text my dad he was feeling the same. He had a large ash fall about 80 yards from his stand. Walked back to the house just in time to watch the pool cover get ripped off and my 15 foot trampoline over turn. Powers out. Wtf! I just want to be in a tree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Watched 6 ash trees come down and probably heard another 6. Decided it just wasn’t worth it. Text my dad he was feeling the same. He had a large ash fall about 80 yards from his stand. Walked back to the house just in time to watch the pool cover get ripped off and my 15 foot trampoline over turn. Powers out. Wtf! I just want to be in a tree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power is out in high bridge.jcpl gonna be busy.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Hunted a big piece of public this AM, trying to cut some fresh trails in the snow (Ostego County NY)... bumped 2 deer. I couldn't see the heads, so I will tell myself they are does so I feel better about myself. Considering getting an Xbow for still hunting next year.  It will be nice to be able to set up on a ridge and get a bit more range vs the compound. 

Will be back out in about 45 min. Going to try the treestand, but will be prepared to get on the ground should the wind be blowing too hard. 

Most likely my last sit here until the end of November, hoping it pans out. 

2 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

So hunters are required to report a deer harvest. (Mandatory).. so the division of fish game and wildlife council at the end of the deer season check the tallies, to make a decision on how many does or bucks we allowed to kill the next season. Funny I've never seen a report on the number of roadkill, death by Auto. Bet a lot are button bucks who didn't make it another year.

There are contracts to pick up hit deer on state roads so maybe they have some prorated number making its way into the big equation 

11 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

There are contracts to pick up hit deer on state roads so maybe they have some prorated number making its way into the big equation 

Ha,ha show me the contracts.