IGNORED

Suspension Lift

BHC

33 minutes ago, BHC said:

I'm 5 mins from OK4WD

Avoid them like the plague.  I caught them in a flat out lie about aligning my Pathfinder when I had it lifted there  and when I asked around and googled stuff about them, there were quite a few folks who had the exact same experience.   

I'll hook you up with my mechanic if you're interested.  He's great and you can trust him 100%

1 hour ago, CJ3a said:

Without a gear swap it will be a turd on acceleration.  

Yup. Put 35s on a toyota you will be lucky if you can hit 70mph stressing it not to mention it will ride like crap. Ive had lifted trucks my whole life. Once you lift it it will never ride the same. 

My current truck I did a 2 inch leveling kit on a 2500 duramax with a Michelin defender street tire. Im 50 years old now, I like to drink my coffee in the morning, not wear it. 

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

13 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

Yup. Put 35s on a toyota you will be lucky if you can hit 70mph stressing it not to mention it will ride like crap. Ive had lifted trucks my whole life. Once you lift it it will never ride the same. 

Probably right in a lot of cases, but if you put the right lift on it will ride better than stock.  Key is a high quality lift and people with a lot of experience doing the install.

2 minutes ago, 10pt said:

Any larger than 33" and you need a CMC on a Tacoma. Doesn't matter how high you lift, the tires will rub when turning. Level it and throw on some 33's.

I've have had several lifted trucks with tires that rub usually when turned nearly all the way.  I just back off a little when I hear it and continue as usual.  Never caused any issues for me.

I was going to a suspension lift on one of my trucks but opted for the body lift instead. It was Ford

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

• 3 weeks later...

Leveling kit is the way to go. If you want larger tires than the leveling kit allows, go drop bracket.

Some of the comments, I don't have any issues with my 6" lift in my 2015 and it rides great on the HWY, I have a 6 spd manual...

311820780_TFARig(2).thumb.jpg.19295f9add0428a14722e275a9209781.jpg

I also had a ToyTec BOSS Lift in my 2014, the warranty sucks and the coil-overs leaked after a couple years and the kit was around a grand...

ttp.thumb.jpg.8249d34e547a62e443bcef630a4f4c3a.jpg 

On 9/21/2020 at 8:09 PM, 10pt said:

Any larger than 33" and you need a CMC on a Tacoma. Doesn't matter how high you lift, the tires will rub when turning. Level it and throw on some 33's.

I am running 34's and I even have my stock mud flaps with no cutting. All depends on your wheels offset etc...

Toy.jpg.0ebb4ff23ff9e65af9eca3c03aaa0d23.jpg

08-30-2018_123913.thumb.jpg.bfbdd25b9828418e98a2ce9d17c96893.jpg

Go for the hidden winch bumper!

09-23-2018_153801.thumb.jpg.18429dcc11eed4b22198e3cbe58bb714.jpg