IGNORED

Suspension Lift

BHC

I never had one on any of my trucks. But with me most likely retiring at the end of 2021 I will be treating myself to a new Toyota Tacoma, not sure if it will be the TRD Off ROAD or the TRD SPORT. I was thinking of putting it on a lift 3" at the most, nothing higher, or just put a leveling kit on it. I don't go off roading so this will be more so a cosmetic thing, of course I will add bigger tires and nicer rims.

Now I know my gas mileage will decrease

With so many types of lifts and leveling kits to pick from which ones are the better ones?

Also I've been told with either one wheel alignments will be needed to be done more often then without one....true/false?

Lift Kits change the geometry of your suspension and put added stress on joints because your angles change at the CV joints and Differentials .That being said I'd go with a Lift Kit where  the frame brackets are added to adjust for what i just mentioned, all to often taking the short cut in the beginning will cost you more down the road. Level Kits put added stress on ball joints and axles where as a Lift kit will change the mounting point of your control arms taking that stress away. Find a company that does Toyotas, They'll be far more familiar with the suspensions of that vehicle, oppose to a generic brand where its one size fits most. Many can be found on-line. The question about the frequency of Alignments ; once your adjustments are made they should be check annually, as should any vehicle but because the nature of lifted trucks having larger tires you'll notice any slight change quicker  when its out only a little. 

Just my Experience with Lifted Vehicles

Good Luck !!!

BDS is one of the best out there.

They filled and won a case with vehicle manufacturers to still cover vehicles with their lifts because they keep ALL the specs and just raise the truck.

I have a 6" on mine and love it.

Need bigger tires right now she's a parking lot queen.

Lift or no lift Tacoma doesn't ride as nice as a Ford

IMG_20200601_133004.jpg

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

I'm not sure what's best for Toyotas. I would stick with ICON, BDS, Carli, or Rough Country. Get on some Toyota truck forums to see what the Yot guys use. Definitely get an alignment after the lift with your normal everyday load in it. Will save your tires.

I just did a 4" BDS on my F350. 37" tires on 20" wheels. 

IMG_20200827_174125298_HDR.thumb.jpg.7aba623cf9cd6208c73347db5ddeff4b.jpgIMG_20200827_171702087_HDR.thumb.jpg.c7a1ad495152069587bdff6e196895a5.jpgIMG_20200827_174107845_HDR.thumb.jpg.f8a6a11982d28d7e0cf0b9d9e44f1303.jpg

Edited by electric10162