IGNORED

Cement company's pump fail Kills trout

DBuck

7 minutes ago, OldPiney Woods said:

I don"t understand how the State of PA can allow the entire flow of a stream be controlled by a private entity?!

I was wondering the same thing!!

Class A trout reproduction classification......and it relies on a pump from a concrete operation to allow it to flow and exist??!! 

WTF!!!

9 minutes ago, OldPiney Woods said:

I don"t understand how the State of PA can allow the entire flow of a stream be controlled by a private entity?!

Happens in nearly every state. But under licensing. These clowns will be fined but obviously not enough to stop it since they are repeat offenders. 

sounds like they need back up pumps with standby generators. not sure why they dont already. cant rely on the pumps they have. pumps fail all the time. i see it everyday. stators can overheat, the can go into overtemp or seal fail. bearings can lock up, i see it 5 days a week at work. i wonder if ill be fixing these pumps?

That stream is really weird, I fished it 20 years ago and the trico hatch was great one morning just above the Crayola factory. Then we drove a couple of miles upstream and there was absolutely no water.  It was really unbelievable how the water would go underground and the flow heavy after it came up downstream.

22 hours ago, OldPiney Woods said:

A foreign owned private entity. Nations need foreign investment to prosper but the chain of command and concern for the needs of the local populations sometimes just are not first and foremost with foreign owned companies. Sometimes...