IGNORED

US Fish and Wildlife finally taking action....

_X7

12 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I watched about 15 of them work as a team at mount hope pond eating stocked trout.  They would all spread out and perform a “drive” into a corner of the lake.  Once they had the fish somewhat cornered they would ALL be diving to eat.  Every “drive” produced at least 7-10 fish in their “group”, very destructive.  When the place is fished out, they leave and go to another fishing ground.  They are the coyote of the bird world!

Christ!!

Trout yotes!!

They must be controlled!!

I see em at Spring Lake before kids trout tourney....stealing trout from kids before they even have a chance to catch em.....depleting chances of young anglers eventually becoming license buying constituents because they had poor early success and became bored!  

That's the spin they need to put on it to the federal managers....kill cormorants for the kids!!!!

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

I don't know the difference between a cormorant and a merganser :) but here you go if you want to comment:

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=FWS-HQ-MB-2019-0103-0001

Read the text there and then click the "Comment Now" button and type in your comment and submit it.

You can read all the comments that have already been submitted here:

https://www.regulations.gov/docketBrowser?rpp=25&po=0&dct=PS&D=FWS-HQ-MB-2019-0103&refD=FWS-HQ-MB-2019-0103-0001

Thank you! Added my comment,HATE those birds!

Edited by Dinger

2 hours ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I watched about 15 of them work as a team at mount hope pond eating stocked trout.  They would all spread out and perform a “drive” into a corner of the lake.  Once they had the fish somewhat cornered they would ALL be diving to eat.  Every “drive” produced at least 7-10 fish in their “group”, very destructive.  When the place is fished out, they leave and go to another fishing ground.  They are the coyote of the bird world!

I have watched the same thing at the Raritan River confluence 

AWM

They would have to make it a spring season like April and May that's when they start to appear in our freshwater rivers and ponds. The cormorant population on the Raritan has exploded in the last 5 years, they wait for the trout stocking truck by the bridges,I can only imagine what they do to the smallmouth bass numbers:down: Count me in:shotgun:

Edited by bucky

22 hours ago, _X7 said:

with hearings on the Cormorant population. They eat an incredible amount of of fish. I've always felt they had a bit to do with the herring disappearing from our reservoirs. Hopefully, they address the issue nationwide.

https://www.observertoday.com/sports/local-sports/2020/02/control-of-cormorant-population-would-aid-local-fishermen/

I have watched them destroy the herring in Round Valley, the cormorants where diving and pushing the herring up to the surface where the sea gulls were waiting for them, there was no escape, it was absolute mayhem:down:

Edited by bucky