IGNORED

FID "purchase" or "purchase and carry"

11 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Just curious,has anyone applied for handgun permits without having an FID and been successful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of plenty. I have told them they should have done it all at once 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

40 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

I know of plenty. I have told them they should have done it all at once 

My thought is, you may have to go through the entire months long process for each pistol permit if you don’t have an FID. 
so it makes sense to get the FID. 
so when the PD asks if you have an FID when applying for a pistol permit, if the answer is yes you do have one, then the pistol permit is issued within a week or two, if you don’t , it will take 6 months or longer for each permit, depending on your town PD. 
anyone experience anything different? 

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I totally forgot you need an FID to purchase handgun ammo!! It would make sense then that the police would tell you to get an FID when you get you first pistol purchase permit. They are probably doing you a favor - it isn't required to get an FID for the handgun, but you are going to want it to keep being able to buy ammo for it!! Might as well get it all done since you are getting your background check done for the purchase permit.

This state is screwed up - you need an FID for handgun ammo, but not to purchase a handgun.:headscratch:

There is also exception to needing fid or of the such when buying ammo..  if at a range such as shore shot you do not need to show it as it is intended to be used there.  Guys that rent guns do not always have an fid 

11 minutes ago, Pathman said:

if you have an FID when applying for a pistol permit, if the answer is yes you do have one, then the pistol permit is issued within a week or two

Bahahahahahah... "a week or two" he says :D 

I just went through this last year... I already have an FID... and I put in for a purchase permit, and it STILL took me 40 days to get it.

46 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Bahahahahahah... "a week or two" he says :D 

I just went through this last year... I already have an FID... and I put in for a purchase permit, and it STILL took me 40 days to get it.

40 days as opposed to 6 months or more for an FID. 
I’m simply pointing out the difference whether you have an FId or not as it relates to the time it takes to get a pistol permit. 
I didn’t say I agree with it or think it’s OK, just making a point. 

Interesting topic. I looked at my FID which was issued in mid-90s. It states .... granted permission to purchase and carry rifles and shotguns pursuant to provisions of NJ S. 2C.58-3 and 2C. 39-5. My son’s FID issued 8 years ago from same town  only states ....permission to purchase pursuant to 2C:58-3. 

8 minutes ago, Merkel said:

Interesting topic. I looked at my FID which was issued in mid-90s. It states .... granted permission to purchase and carry rifles and shotguns pursuant to provisions of NJ S. 2C.58-3 and 2C. 39-5. My son’s FID issued 8 years ago from same town  only states ....permission to purchase pursuant to 2C:58-3. 

They are both quoting the same statutes which grants the same rights and privileges. I believe someone posted earlier to actually read the laws so one knows what it actually means 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 hour ago, Bucndoe said:

They are both quoting the same statutes which grants the same rights and privileges. I believe someone posted earlier to actually read the laws so one knows what it actually means 

Agreed; haven’t got that far yet. I just looked at my Son’s card and mine shortly after walking into the house from work after reading this post.  

Bahahahahahah... "a week or two" he says [emoji3] 
Applied for pistol permit in November and got it in February.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk