IGNORED

FID "purchase" or "purchase and carry"

12 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

You know deer season is over and the mid-winter doldrums have kicked in when suddenly the site has 37 Alan Dershowitzs opining on the law......

I don't see this as an argument, I think most of us are looking to decifer the maze of shit laws in in NJ

Just now, Lunatic said:

I don't see this as an argument, I think most of us are looking to decifer the maze of shit laws in in NJ

Not that I think it's an argument, just that it hit 7 pages quickly and it's a topic that would turn out differently in every court if one of us got in a bind over our FIDs.  It just shows how bored everyone is.  Fishing is here and now!  :)  

6 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

If you want a handgun and have a FID they know that you were fingerprinted.  If you want a handgun and for some reason do not want to apply for a FID you will need the permit to purchase and be fingerprinted. 

Thats your believe of you know thats the case?

5 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

That's the only way to find out. What good is "I need this or I dont need this" when trying to get one they tell you you don't need this but the other thing is necessary. However, I called and although they guy told me what I need, who knows if the guy knows or if this is just his believe. Call your PD, 

Donuts Apple pie and coffee heartbeat of America!!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Correct. My intent is to inform, reduce confusion, and have NJ sportsman and sportswomen in full compliance while lawfully exercising their rights

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

In between pretending I'm working and this thread, I'm trying to figure out what this critter is running down my driveway at night. I'll post another thread on that :) 

Is it stealing your Sunday paper?

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

28 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

I totally forgot you need an FID to purchase handgun ammo!! It would make sense then that the police would tell you to get an FID when you get you first pistol purchase permit. They are probably doing you a favor - it isn't required to get an FID for the handgun, but you are going to want it to keep being able to buy ammo for it!! Might as well get it all done since you are getting your background check done for the purchase permit.

This state is screwed up - you need an FID for handgun ammo, but not to purchase a handgun.:headscratch:

Correct. It is also valid for 3 points of ID while renewing your driver's license at DMV

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

11 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Not that I think it's an argument, just that it hit 7 pages quickly and it's a topic that would turn out differently in every court if one of us got in a bind over our FIDs.  It just shows how bored everyone is.  Fishing is here and now!  :)  

Do I need an FID to go fishing?  Asking for a friend...

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.