IGNORED

Wyoming Elk Hunting success

Congratulations!  More pix when you have the chance...

Just wondering, do you or did the guides have any caliber recommendations?  Is a 30/308/30-06 enough for a bull? 

If you started reaching out to, say 600ya, would a 338WinMag or the like be needed?

180gr enough or something into the 200's.

What scope did you use?

Edited by username

Just wondering, do you or did the guides have any caliber recommendations?  Is a 30/308/30-06 enough for a bull? 
If you started reaching out to, say 600ya, would a 338WinMag or the like be needed?
What scope did you use?

I think that area is .338 win mag area with at least 200 grains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, username said:

What scope did you use?

I used a .30-06 xbolt topped with a nikon monarch 2.5-10. I have a VX-5 with custom turret being built but it never came in time. Many guides wont let you shoot past 400 or so, but yea the ballistics on a 30-06 wouldnt be much use past that anyway. I have a 200 yard 0, at 300 yds theres an 8" drop, and 400 its a 24" drop

Here are some more pics. The two selfie pics of me are before and after a storm rolled in. Had some snow in the morning, then the sun came out and melted it all.  We decide to climb up a huge ridge where you can glass forever, and 15 min after we climb the sumbitch another storm rolled in and it was whiteout conditions. The other pic is me having fun with the horse while trying to pass the time after lunch. Each horse has it's own personality and laugh at me if you want, but when you're good to the horses they can be good to you. But much like people, some are just aholes lol

20191009_164603.jpg

20191009_180440.jpg

20191009_101404.jpg

20191008_150832.jpg