IGNORED

NJ Butchers Master List

JHbowhunter

4 hours ago, Mhunt6030 said:

It’s Called the buck stops here in knowlton Columbia area a lot of friends use them they are coming highly recommended so we will see I’ll keep you updated when I get one and use them 

I switched from The Meat Room over the The Buck Stops Here last year. Definitely worth it in my opinion. The guys there are really friendly, clean facilities, cuts are always good, vacuum sealed and stickers with what cut it is and their bacon cheddar burgers are really good. Also, if no one is there for drop off you can open up the barn door, drop the deer inside, fill out the tag and order forms. 

The Meat Room closed up shop and still has a skull of my dads since last October. They misplaced it and then he couldn’t get ahold of anyone. Once Jimmy retired and was no longer around the shop things started to go down hill. 

6 hours ago, BillW0323 said:

I switched from The Meat Room over the The Buck Stops Here last year. Definitely worth it in my opinion. The guys there are really friendly, clean facilities, cuts are always good, vacuum sealed and stickers with what cut it is and their bacon cheddar burgers are really good. Also, if no one is there for drop off you can open up the barn door, drop the deer inside, fill out the tag and order forms. 

The Meat Room closed up shop and still has a skull of my dads since last October. They misplaced it and then he couldn’t get ahold of anyone. Once Jimmy retired and was no longer around the shop things started to go down hill. 

Do u leave deer in a walk in chiller? That is huge early season 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

On 8/25/2023 at 7:05 AM, Mhunt6030 said:

That’s what all my friends said also the 24 hour is really convenient and I also heard about the burgers how’s their pricing? 

Pricing is average. If I remember correctly, basic cuts is around $95 with vacuum sealed. 

On 8/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, JHbowhunter said:

Do u leave deer in a walk in chiller? That is huge early season 

Yes, early season they had the walk-in open. 

If no one is there, give them a call and somebody is usually close by. The one deer I had there the guy that lives in the house that’s on the property even helped me out. There is usually somebody very close by.

Edited by BillW0323

I’ve used the buck stops here.  They are good dudes.  Able to call them and they answered all questions.

Like others said you can drop it in the barn or you can tag it with their tags and throw it in the freezer truck next to the barn.

They have a fair turnaround time and the pricing was good as well.  Everything was vacuum sealed and labeled nicely.

Never got sick from the meat either.  I say that cause I’ve had other guys process deer and have gotten repeatedly  sick from entire batches of ground venison.  I think they were group grinding and maybe I got another hunters spoiled kill.  The buck stops here doesn’t do that.  I’ve been onsite while they were processing to drop off and pickup a deer.  It was clean and they do one deer at a time, so you get your deer 100% back.  

If I could bring my PA deer back into NJ I would use them but it’s too much of a hassle now.  For NJ deer they are my go to when needed or not doing myself. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Mixbaghunter said:

NEW LOCATION OPEN IN 1 week . Contact me at (908) 797-4044 for any info on dropping off and anymore details . Spread the word only 2 miles from original address . Sorry for last minute changes shoot ‘em up happy hunting .

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

H&B Processing

We are a small family run business with over 20 years butchering experience. We offer all basic cuts vacuum sealed, sausage in casings or loose and cape outs. We are located in Wantage, NJ. 

Like us on FB @ HNB Processing

Thank you for supporting us! We look forward to your business!

• 4 weeks later...