IGNORED

Great first week

gobblergetter

Monday , passed two Jake's, shot a Tom

Tuesday, missed a gobbler and worked two different groups of three long beards but couldn't get a shot

Wedsday, windy not much talking

Thursday, called in two gobblers, one went home with me.

Friday, called a gobbler away from two hens that were in a hay field right before a down pour.

0426190913a.thumb.jpg.4a6b3f1e8e7dccb51cc1db3f0cfcdede.jpg

0422191008.jpg

0425190703.jpg

Good job Mike, never surprising. Care to share how you pulled him away from the hens? I met Ryanm today at Alpine and was talking to him, didn't know who he was until after I asked him if he's on here. Real nice kid and quite a hunter.  I think you met your match... Ha

1 hour ago, DBuck said:

Good job Mike, never surprising. Care to share how you pulled him away from the hens? I met Ryanm today at Alpine and was talking to him, didn't know who he was until after I asked him if he's on here. Real nice kid and quite a hunter.  I think you met your match... Ha

Once you realize he has hens, either by seeing them, hearing them or by his very intermittent responses, give the hens long strings of yelps and some aggressive cutting. If they curt and or yelp back, do the same only slightly louder, longer or more aggressive in general. That should piss off the hens and bring them with the gobbler in tow.

If they back down and don't come in, then you need to tone it down and give the gobbler the sweetest three yelp series you can muster, soft yelps with purrs mixed in. Sometimes it works, most times it don't.

Work the hens.

What time were you at Alpine ? I was there around 8:30