IGNORED

Mavis Tires, Poor Customer Service

BHC

I  used A-1 tire in Oxford yesterday as they came highly recommended from majority on this site who responded to my post. The guy searched for tires he felt were good quality to save me some money as my truck sits most the week and I use a commuter car so no need to put over 1k of tires on it as it’s not my daily. I was in and out in under 1/2 hr. 

5 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

I  used A-1 tire in Oxford yesterday as they came highly recommended from majority on this site who responded to my post. The guy searched for tires he felt were good quality to save me some money as my truck sits most the week and I use a commuter car so no need to put over 1k of tires on it as it’s not my daily. I was in and out in under 1/2 hr. 

A-1 Tire is also very good. I used them about 25 years ago for tires on my corvettes. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I've used more than a few over the years and found that the little tire shops without all of the overhead are the places to go. Most times they will beat the prices and offer a better tire than those that the big store gets a better cut from. I used 10th Street Tire in Easton, PA for my last set and could not be happier with the tires or the service. I went to STS in Phillipsburg once years ago and had to talk myself out of throwing a brick through the window after. Guy gave me a price and when I picked up the truck it was almost 100 bucks more than I was told it would be. Get it in writing no matter who you deal with, I guess.

Edited by _X7

I went to Mavis Tire on Rt37. The salesman wanted to nickel and dime me with extra fee's. Mounting fee, balancing fee and tire disposal fee. I walked out and drove over to my mechanic and bought 8 Cooper Evolution tires for my explorers. Saved $75.00.

They suck. Dont ever take your vehicle there. I had new  tires put on my one of my work vans. I got it back seemed good. 

Got it out on the highway and it was shaking all over the road. 

I called them back and the manager told me their tire balancer needed calibration. I was like wtf, why didnt you tell me. He lied and said he told me. I told him he was full of shit and if he had told me, I wouldnt have bought the tires from him. I dont have time to take the truck back in so you can pull the tires back off and do it again. He told me the guys supposed to fix the balancer tomorrow and he would call me when its fixed to bring it back in for the 2nd time. 3 days later its still not fixed. 

Meanwhile you think they stopped selling tires to customers?

No way. They are sending people back on the road with incorrectly balanced tires. Completely unsafe. 

This was the Mavis in Hamilton. 

STAY AWAY

www.liftxrentals.com

16 hours ago, BHC said:

for me i have & 110% professional

My nephew wanted to stay local to his area of Clifton

Second generation. Dad taught him well.!https://www.google.com/search?q=tire+shops+in+Belleville+New+Jersey&client=tablet-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&inm=vs#istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=6925140149989428987

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt