IGNORED

This Year Is No Different Then Past Years

BHC

seems whatever big bears I have on camera, day or night they disappear a few days before the season opens.....Went to check my camera, sure enough not one of the big bears I've had the past few weeks....getting the same 200 lb. plus bear, small 120 lb, sow with 3 

as far as deer, same deer for the last 2 weeks...doe with her button buck, a few other does, and a spike......I have a small 8 pt coming in every other week

I put out one Sportsman's Choice Berry Block with 25 lbs of corn and 25 lbs of Sportsman's Choice Berry scented pellets

Resized_20180929_103945_6445.jpeg

Edited by BHC

24 minutes ago, BHC said:

Damn you Nomad....it's your fault:rofl:

I just put a molasses block, bag of corn,  and camera out.  Got a late start to say the least, however , there are bears hitting my deer bait(corn) a couple hundred yards away.

What do you think, some sweats tomorrow and the weekend?  What is cheapest to buy and good to put out?  I used to get garbage bags full of old Dunkin Donnuts when I was on the job , but not anymore;)

Edited by Nomad

Just now, Nomad said:

I just put a molasses block, bag of corn, molasse and camera out.  Got a late start to say the least, however , there are bears hitting my deer bait(corn) a couple hundred yards away.

What do you think, some sweats tomorrow and the weekend?  What is cheapest to buy and good to put out?  I used to get garbage bags full of old Dunkin Donnuts when I was on the job , but not anymore;)

anything sweet they will eat it

I've had very little camera action this year.  There must be some serious depredation culling happening.  I usually have several bears on camera within a few hours of establishing  bait site.  Not this year.  One smallish bear shows every other week.  I did just up the baiting game yesterday  by dusting 50 pounds of shelled corn with fruit punch Hi C mix.  I'll check the camera and repeat tomorrow and then Sunday and then hope for the best.

3 hours ago, gregtpal said:

Is it early yet for the acorns to drop?  Been getting concerned crop is weak this year as none are dropping in spot that's usually loaded

Was weak and spotty at a lower elevation spot, and they were dropping weeks ago.  Went to a higher elevation spot last couple days, and they are falling like rain there.

I only baited with corn and apples so that I can shoot a bear or buck near my stand next week.  If I were intensely after a bear, I would be dumping bread and donuts and other tasty treats in a barrel.  But this year, I don't have the time and we only see two bears regularly.  Only one is a shooter for me, and then only maybe 225 lbs, and the other is too small for my likes (125#).  But every once in a while, a bigger 350 lb plus bear shows at this spot.  I see myself as a deer hunter with a bear tag.  Good luck to all going out next week!!!   

4 hours ago, gregtpal said:

Is it early yet for the acorns to drop?  Been getting concerned crop is weak this year as none are dropping in spot that's usually loaded

It seems the white oaks are dropping like mad right now — there isn’t even an acorn in the trees on the red oaks near me — no crop this year for them