IGNORED

Any one hunting today?

Lunatic

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

That was a good morning:-)

AFA9ABC8-21B4-44DF-9F96-6425FF554B75.jpeg

Nice bird congratulations, now take that child home and let her get some sleep :-)

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

So I was told by few people Turkey don't cross fences, Tracks ETC.
Well this big hen came from far. About 100 yards on top of the ridge, down a steep embankment, across railroad tracks, through +- 40' of woods I was in and to the decoys I had 30 yards in front of me. She cam over my right shoulder yapping non-stop. AT first the speed at which she was moving made me believe it was another hunter. About 3 minutes after she circled the decoys, 3 jakes cross the track over my left shoulder. They went straight for the decoys and one is in my fridge:-)

IMG_0982_2.jpg

Edited by Lunatic

Saw my first 2 birds in the 3 yrs I've been turkey hunting.

Didn't know where to go just wondered into the wma walked down a trail looking for a spot. Found a small deer trail among the thick woods... Decided to follow it into the thicket...

Came across a bit of an open spot and set up shop.

Starting calling at sunrise no responses... Kept trying different calls... No response...

At 630 Started to hear rustling coming twords me through thick brush... Thought it was a deer...

Next thing I know I see this bright red head at 12 o'clock behind a bunch of scrub 10yrds away. Then more rustling now I see another bright red head that jumps up on a stump. Same spot...

I don't move a muscle as they are looking right at me... They can either go left or right...I have a decoys on out on either side...they take a few steps towards my left decoy. At this point I'm nearly panting with excitement I drop my mouth call under my face mask as I couldn't breathe!!!

They start walking to my left as they get behind a tree I try to adjust to be able to get my gun up... Off they go running back from where they came from.

Well live and learn!

Exciting hunt!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Devil Horns said:

Just got out of the blind to knock some brush down that was blocking my view of the field and stepped on an old wire fence. Went right through my boot and about 1” into my heel. Having a good morning. It can only get better.

Ouch.