IGNORED

Trout Stamp

Personally, I think it would be bogus if I'm forced to pay YET MORE MONEY to this state just for fishing in a lake that they dump trout in when I don't care about the trout, I just care about the bass. For all I care, they can keep their trout. Leave me be fishing for other things.

Well i am sure you are aware that the state not only stocks trout. They stock musky, tiger musky, northern pike, walleye, hybred stripers, catfish and yes LARGEMOUTH BASS just to name a few. Numerous bodies of water have fish stocked in them other than trout, most likely some of the bodies YOU fish in, but if ten bucks is going to break you i understand (eyeroll)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

4 hours ago, Sotaroas said:

What's another 10.50 , when your already 200.00 plus in the hole , certainly just another aggravation tax any how , I do agree enough is enough , however ,  I'll pay it gladly to lessen the pain , after what it cost's to live in this state it really all should be included in the enormous amount of taxes and miscellaneous fees we pay , bu the pockets run deep and you just never know when they run short on funds ! 

I hear what you are saying. And, yes, it would be much easier to just pay the 10 bucks and be done with it. If I wasn't so  stubborn, I would. But at this point, though, it's the principle of the thing. I just spent $120 on turkey permits because this state divies up not just the  land you can hunt into zones, but also in 5-day increments ! (oh, and BTW, you don't even get 5 days for the E weekend period - you only get 4 Saturdays!). $26 to hunt a single deer zone for a few weeks in November, another $26 for the privilege to shoot one with antlers. Another $26 for the privilege to hunt another couple days with a shotgun, times that for the different zones I want to hunt. Etc. Etc. Etc. Don't forget the $75 or whatever it is JUST TO START with the all-around license. I think in the end I go well over $200. I'm afraid to add it all up :) 

IMO, my all-around includes a fishing license so that should be good enough when I don't care about the trout they dump in the water. Bass, pickerel, crappie, perch, catfish... lots of other fish I prefer to target, and I shouldn't have to pay more money just because they decide to dump farm-raised fish in the water. Same reason why we don't have to pay for a pheasant stamp if just hunting squirrel on stocked WMAs.

But, when all is said and done, as I say, I never did have a problem when getting checked by a CO. Then again I also avoid going out on opening-day of trout season ;) 

AFAIK, none of the waters I fish are stocked with anything other than trout. Even so, you don't have to have a trout-stamp to fish for other fish even if stocked.

I believe the fee I pay for my fishing license should cover stocking for other types of fish anyway. I mean, what DOES my fishing license fee pay for anyway if not including that kind of activity?

No arguments with your view at all , I get it we all pay way too much for everything in this state , I never agreed with the licensing system or the fees attached , it's insane for certain ! When you sum it all up they are all just additional taxes in one form or another , the only way to cut the fees is to stop spending , however , greed and profit will never allow that unfortunately the almighty dollar is the driving force behind infinite problems we face on a day to day basis , good luck fishing and hunting !

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

AFAIK, none of the waters I fish are stocked with anything other than trout. Even so, you don't have to have a trout-stamp to fish for other fish even if stocked.

I believe the fee I pay for my fishing license should cover stocking for other types of fish anyway. I mean, what DOES my fishing license fee pay for anyway if not including that kind of activity?

License fees pay salary of wardens and yo maintain lakes  and ramps..  and yes they're are certain streams where u must have an stamp.   Again it's 10.50 a drop in bucket to what we pay.   

As a former NJ resident for over 20 years who now has to pay out of state licensing fees. All which are practically double besides the bear hunt. I'm not over here complaining. Conservation costs money, but I do think horsebackriders and hikers should have to chip in too.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I hear what you are saying. And, yes, it would be much easier to just pay the 10 bucks and be done with it. If I wasn't so  stubborn, I would. But at this point, though, it's the principle of the thing. I just spent $120 on turkey permits because this state divies up not just the  land you can hunt into zones, but also in 5-day increments ! (oh, and BTW, you don't even get 5 days for the E weekend period - you only get 4 Saturdays!). $26 to hunt a single deer zone for a few weeks in November, another $26 for the privilege to shoot one with antlers. Another $26 for the privilege to hunt another couple days with a shotgun, times that for the different zones I want to hunt. Etc. Etc. Etc. Don't forget the $75 or whatever it is JUST TO START with the all-around license. I think in the end I go well over $200. I'm afraid to add it all up :) 

IMO, my all-around includes a fishing license so that should be good enough when I don't care about the trout they dump in the water. Bass, pickerel, crappie, perch, catfish... lots of other fish I prefer to target, and I shouldn't have to pay more money just because they decide to dump farm-raised fish in the water. Same reason why we don't have to pay for a pheasant stamp if just hunting squirrel on stocked WMAs.

But, when all is said and done, as I say, I never did have a problem when getting checked by a CO. Then again I also avoid going out on opening-day of trout season ;) 

I am curious as to why you would spend $120 on turkey permits at once ? Is it because the zone sells out right away ?

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."