IGNORED

Trout Stamp

You can't fish for them at all without it

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Hmmmm, $10.50 or silver bracelets ? Let me know where you are fishing tomorrow and I will have someone there to answer that question for you

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Hmmmm, $10.50 or silver bracelets ? Let me know where you are fishing tomorrow and I will have someone there to answer that question for you
Silver bracelets hahaha what are you on acid. I'll be fishing Passaic for pike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, xbowmike said:

Silver bracelets hahaha what are you on acid. I'll be fishing Passaic for pike.

Then you have no issue. It's not trout stocked water

AFAIK, you do not need a trout stamp if you are fishing catch-n-release.  You only need the stamp if you keep the fish. (WRONG - see comment below) I've fished plenty of stocked lakes and I have never bought the stamp (I am a catch-n-release fisherman. I don't target trout anyway, but if I catch one, it goes back in the water.) I've been checked a few times by a CO, never had a problem - but that's probably because I never have fish in my possession.

Edited by mazzgolf

Hmm... look at that.. page 16 of the freshwater digest - you do need a stamp if you just fish for them but don't keep:

Trout Stamps: A valid fishing license and trout stamp are both required to fish for or possess trout and salmon for all anglers (residents and non-residents) 16 and over, and residents under the age of 70. No trout stamp is required for residents age 70 years and over.

I guess because I don't target them is why no one gave me any trouble. I fish mainly for bass and pickerel.

3 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

AFAIK, you do not need a trout stamp if you are fishing catch-n-release.  You only need the stamp if you keep the fish. I've fished plenty of stocked lakes and I have never bought the stamp (I am a catch-n-release fisherman. I don't target trout anyway, but if I catch one, it goes back in the water.) I've been checked a few times by a CO, never had a problem - but that's probably because I never have fish in my possession.

for the 53 years I been living in NJ, if you fish waters stocked with trout, (the posters on the trees - dead giveaway) then you must have  a stamp. No if's and's or buts....

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

for the 53 years I been living in NJ, if you fish waters stocked with trout, (the posters on the trees - dead giveaway) then you must have  a stamp. No if's and's or buts....

Reading the digest - you have to "fish for trout". If you are in stocked waters but don't target them, you don't need the stamp. As I say, I've fished plenty of times in water that is stocked and have been checked a few times and never was a problem. But I don't fish for trout and I guess it was obvious to the CO that we don't.

That's what I thought. As long as I'm not fishing for them or possess them than I should be fine. I used to buy the stamp but 10.50 for a stamp to catch 9" trout got old. They get enough of my money as it is.