IGNORED

Trout Stamp

Reading the digest - you have to "fish for trout". If you are in stocked waters but don't target them, you don't need the stamp. As I say, I've fished plenty of times in water that is stocked and have been checked a few times and never was a problem. But I don't fish for trout and I guess it was obvious to the CO that we don't.

Good luck with that, i know many a CO that will give you the ticket and you will lose a days pay going to court. That 10.50 seem like a lot now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

3 minutes ago, xbowmike said:

That's what I thought. As long as I'm not fishing for them or possess them than I should be fine. I used to buy the stamp but 10.50 for a stamp to catch 9" trout got old. They get enough of my money as it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

so tomorrow when you get lucky and catch an 8 pound breeder, you will wish you had one 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, maximus66 said:

Good luck with that, i know many a CO that will give you the ticket and you will lose a days pay going to court. That 10.50 seem like a lot now?

Never happened to me. I can think of at least twice when me and my buddies were checked by a CO in a trout-stocked lake (now, this WASN'T during opening day of trout season either - we don't normally start fishing until later in the spring and summer - so it was probably during May, June or July - something like that). And I think it's obvious with our tackle and gear that we are not targeting trout.

Personally, I think it would be bogus if I'm forced to pay YET MORE MONEY to this state just for fishing in a lake that they dump trout in when I don't care about the trout, I just care about the bass. For all I care, they can keep their trout. Leave me be fishing for other things.

Trout Stamps
A valid fishing license and trout stamp are both 
required to fish for or possess trout and salmon for 
all anglers (residents and non-residents) 16 and over, 
and residents under the age of 70. No trout stamp is 
required for residents age 70 years and over.

Technically no if you are fishing for sunfish bass etc.  All trout must be returned. It's kind of hard to say you are fishing for sunfish opening day using power bait. You will get harassed and probably ticket. I did it one time and got away with it but had to argue for a while and pull out compendium. I realeased all trout and kept one sunny (because I was sunfishing) wasn't worth it

Yes, fishing with bait and tackle that is used for trout - that I can see getting harassed/ticketed for. We use jerk baits, crank baits, 5" senko soft plastic worms, etc. - its pretty obvious we aren't fishing for trout. In that case, I refuse to pay one more dime just for the right to fish in our waters that happen to have trout dumped in them. I already bought my fishing license, that should be enough.

What's another 10.50 , when your already 200.00 plus in the hole , certainly just another aggravation tax any how , I do agree enough is enough , however ,  I'll pay it gladly to lessen the pain , after what it cost's to live in this state it really all should be included in the enormous amount of taxes and miscellaneous fees we pay , bu the pockets run deep and you just never know when they run short on funds ! 

12 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Never happened to me. I can think of at least twice when me and my buddies were checked by a CO in a trout-stocked lake (now, this WASN'T during opening day of trout season either - we don't normally start fishing until later in the spring and summer - so it was probably during May, June or July - something like that). And I think it's obvious with our tackle and gear that we are not targeting trout.

Personally, I think it would be bogus if I'm forced to pay YET MORE MONEY to this state just for fishing in a lake that they dump trout in when I don't care about the trout, I just care about the bass. For all I care, they can keep their trout. Leave me be fishing for other things.

I agree!!  There are more fish in the water to fish for than farm raised trout and it should be very easy to assess what you are fishing for. (However, I have to admit I know very little about fresh water regs.) Actually the entire idea of fishing for farm raised fish is weird to me.  

Edited by Lunatic