IGNORED

Lessons learned today....

Huge things learned today. First, nmc02 and Rusty are literally lumberjacks in disguise- no joke.  I am still planning a Man Stuff Day at my place in mid May with a combination bow shoot and cook out, but nmc02 and Rusty helped me get a head start on cutting up several large trees that came down during the last storm.  These two are the real deal when it comes to tree work and were a tremendous help especially with tips and pointers with regard to cutting them up. 

Also learned that my Craftsman chain saw is a toy and is comparable to a kid's Fisher Price saw that makes lots of noise only. The next investment I think I am going to make is in a Stihl commercial grade saw. True beast mode machines and Nick and Rusty cut through 4-5 logs before I cut through 1. Definitely more juice, power, and balls then what I have been using...

Next, we used two Truper 6 lb splitting mauls, one a fiberglass handle and one with a wood handle. Apparently the wood handle maul is Rusty's whore that everyone has had there hands on...The wooden handle definitely has much less vibration than the fiberglass one and is smoother overall. This is why everyone including Jack likes her! At one point, Rusty said "you can keep her, she gets around too much and I am really getting tired of her." :rofl: I declined politely and said that I would not feel right if she did not go home with him, lmao! 

"Afterwards" we had some Raging B&%$# Ipa's which hit the spot! Rusty was having too much fun and would only stop cutting when the Stihl ran out of gas. Big thanks to these guys today.. Still have lots of cleanup and splitting now to do but I will chip away at it now and get it done. We have at least 4 trees picked out for the Man Stuff Day being planned in May and will post the day in a few weeks. 

thumbnail_Resized_20180326_132332.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20180326_163426.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20180326_172308.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20180326_163813.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20180326_164334.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20180326_165039.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20180326_171124.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20180326_163446.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20180326_163448.jpg

Edited by LPJR

28 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

Looks like you guys had some fun. What do you do now with that monster root section?

Was a blast. That root is the smaller of some of the ones in the yard..Going to push it into the tree line with a machine as it is just on the edge of it. The bigger one we are going to bury with fill dirt as I am making a dirt bike track for Jr in the rear of the property this Spring...My son wants it to be the start of his jump sections...

2 hours ago, LPJR said:

Next, we used two Truper 6 lb splitting mauls, one a fiberglass handle and one with a wood handle. Apparently the wood handle maul is Rusty's whore that everyone has had there hands on...The wooden handle definitely has much less vibration than the fiberglass one and is smoother overall. This is why everyone including Jack likes her! 

A hickory handle is hands down better than fiberglass.    

58 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Unlike my  &%$#@  of a maul, that jumps into the arms of any man that looks her way,  you are the only other man to ever hold my real first love Lou.  She's pretty sweet for an old girl, isn't she? 

Like a hot knife through butter, unreal.... When you handed her to me I swear I saw a tiny tear in your eye....That was after you held tighter than usual while you handed me the saw! For 30 years old that saw is a beast!! :shock:

35 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Like a hot knife through butter, unreal.... When you handed her to me I swear I saw a tiny tear in your eye....That was after you held tighter than usual while you handed me the saw! For 30 years old that saw is a beast!! :shock:

I was definitely feeling a mix of emotions watching you two together.  Thank you for treating her well.