IGNORED

Great Room Build

tjfslaughter

Framing is always big and impressive milestone. It feels like huge amount of work completed in lightening speed. Unfortunately, and I hope this is not the case on your project, this milestone usually signifies big time slow down. What come after is slow, with multiple different trades, making it a challenge to maintain momentum.
Anyway, it looks great, keep posting. :up:

The jobs I have run once you get the roof overhead it’s blow and go. Not sure what will happen here but it’s full steam ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen metal termite shield used in 20 years.  Since the sill plate is treated, you really don't need to use the tin, plus, it's messy to work with. Other than that, it looks like a great project! Good Luck.

Just following the architects drawings

I haven't seen metal termite shield used in 20 years.  Since the sill plate is treated, you really don't need to use the tin, plus, it's messy to work with. Other than that, it looks like a great project! Good Luck.

I have always used a termite shield, the PT sill plates help but i can not tell you how many renovations i have done that the sheathing on the bottom course was riddled with termites. I also treated the bottom two feet of sheathing with a termite protection coating

AWM

Sheathers started at 7am today. Should be done by noon. Trim, tyvek, roofing material delivery is set for Friday. Roofers will bang it out over the weekend. Framing and waterproofing inspection scheduled for tomorrow. Then prep for windows and door installation. Hopefully by Monday all windows and door will be installed along with all Azek trim and ready for Hardie. Backfill after siding is done.