IGNORED

Great Room Build

tjfslaughter

The inspector is going to make you fire block that framed ceiling. Also, typically the HVAC and plumbing is done before the electrical work, this way you don't wind up moving stuff that you already did. Otherwise, looks great. Good Luck!

Had a meeting with inspector this morning. Will use a combination of roxul and wood for fire block. Doing a split pack for hvac. I am on it. It’s been bleeping hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inspector is going to make you fire block that framed ceiling. Also, typically, the HVAC and plumbing is done before the electrical work, this way you don't wind up moving stuff that you already did. Otherwise, looks great. Good Luck!

Luckily I am the hvac and plumbing worker..... it’s all layed out

4 hours ago, tjfslaughter said:

Starting the low voltage stuff. All surround sound equipment will be in closet with HDMI, Cat6, Speaker wire, etc. running wires for cameras as well.

Always run wire for security stuff.  I can't tell you how many homes and commercial buildings I've broken into in a matter of minutes once I find that their security system is wireless.  That's like an open invitation.  So I am glad to hear you're hardwiring.  Your inconvenience is mine too (the criminal that is)....

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Always run wire for security stuff.  I can't tell you how many homes and commercial buildings I've broken into in a matter of minutes once I find that their security system is wireless.  That's like an open invitation.  So I am glad to hear you're hardwiring.  Your inconvenience is mine too (the criminal that is)....

Yes sir. All hard wired with back ups and remote storage.

The inspector is going to make you fire block that framed ceiling. Also, typically, the HVAC and plumbing is done before the electrical work, this way you don't wind up moving stuff that you already did. Otherwise, looks great. Good Luck!

Should only have to firestop/draftstop at the top and bottom plates and the intersection of wall framing and rafters at gable end. Also firestop and penetrations that lead from one wall to the opposing (90degree) wall

AWM

Electric rough will be done tomorrow, it’s 95% done. Played with shower valves today. We will have rain head, 3 body sprays, and a hand held. You can use one or two at any given time. Cast iron shower pan arrived today as well and a 20 yard dumpster swap out. Looking forward to cleaning this place up for inspections later this week. I know I have some fittings and screws to add to the plumbing..IMG_1708.JPGIMG_1704.JPG

You may wanna feed shower diverter with 3/4 pipe..
Those body sprays might not get enough pressure if opened with other valves..
Did a job a few years back and it was an issue.. but apparently with the design of the faucet. They weren't massaging heads, just a light rain. I could pee with more pressure.
Company said that's how are designed..
Oh well. Customer picked his own faucet out.. nothing to be done as it had numerous body sprays and they were all useless.

Nice following along.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You may wanna feed shower diverter with 3/4 pipe..
Those body sprays might not get enough pressure if opened with other valves..
Did a job a few years back and it was an issue.. but apparently with the design of the faucet. They weren't massaging heads, just a light rain. I could pee with more pressure.
Company said that's how are designed..
Oh well. Customer picked his own faucet out.. nothing to be done as it had numerous body sprays and they were all useless.

Nice following along.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bringing 1” as the main line then 3/4” into the diverter. Kohler calls for 1/2”. I have installed about 4 of these in the past 4 years. Most important is get the 3/4” into the diverter. We have stupid pressure in this town. Some houses in my neighbor hood have 120psi and have to have reducers. I think we are around 90.

Electrical inspection tonight. Will push off plumbing till next Monday. I do not like soldering because I have never been able to make it look as good as the pros. These are the risers that will come from the meter and water heater to the space. Going from 3/4 copper to 1” pex. IMG_1717.thumb.JPG.2ff2a0e08f6dcfab885cafb1774ce008.JPG