IGNORED

yotes are eating good

mazzgolf

A friend told me last night he lost sight of a doe he made a good shot on this past Saturday before dark..Heavy snow covered any blood and tracks. He went back to recover it just after the sun came up Sunday morning and found bones and hide...Unbelievable how fast the yotes found it...

A friend told me last night he lost sight of a doe he made a good shot on this past Saturday before dark..Heavy snow covered any blood and tracks. He went back to recover it just after the sun came up Sunday morning and found bones and hide...Unbelievable how fast the yotes found it...

I hit a doe back in September about a hour before dark. I jumped her after waiting a few hours. Decided to go back early the next day. The doe was totally eaten down to the bones. I originally thought that it was a different deer. They are everywhere.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

You see one, you shoot one!

A rule to live by :). Working on it. I still don't know how I missed - I went to the range to check my zero and it looks good, I think.

This is my bolt action .223 at 50 yards and 100 yards (its zeroed at 50, ballistics chart shows I should also be zeroed at 150 - ballistics chart is right on with my 100 yards as it is just under an inch high of zero.) 

I took 5 shots - the upper right hole is really a double:

range1.jpg

Had a flyer on one shot 1" high and 1" right, another off 1" right - even factoring in minute of coyote it should still have been on target.

range2.jpg

Only thing I can think of is my miss was an even worse flyer that came at an inopportune time.  :banghead: