IGNORED

Does your Lab / Dog do this?

Neither dog crosses their paws.

My wife's lap dog likes to flatten herself out like a pancake and lay on the floor, especially in the summer (below).

My dropper has a strange habit of forcefully grabbing my arm or leg, holding tight, and humping away with all she has. I don't think it's sexual, she's spayed, and never gone into heat, more of an attention/dominance/affection behavior. I have a video, but don't think I'm posting that...she only does it with my wife and me, nobody else. Between that and sniffing each other's crotches, the dogs keep the guests entertained....

Mia.jpg

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

Neither dog crosses their paws.

My wife's lap dog likes to flatten herself out like a pancake and lay on the floor, especially in the summer (below).

My dropper has a strange habit of forcefully grabbing my arm or leg, holding tight, and humping away with all she has. I don't think it's sexual, she's spayed, and never gone into heat, more of an attention/dominance/affection behavior. I have a video, but don't think I'm posting that...she only does it with my wife and me, nobody else. Between that and sniffing each other's crotches, the dogs keep the guests entertained...

My friends had a boxer that used to flatten himself out all the time.  I always found it to be strange

The humping can be one of the ways animals dominate other animals and jockey for position.  She probably sees herself as being above you two

Edited by not on the rug

My friends had a boxer that used to flatten himself out all the time.  I always found it to be strange

The humping can be one of the ways animals dominate other animals and jockey for position.  She probably sees herself as being above you two

I thought that at first, but even though she is much taller and outwighs the terrier by 30 lbs, the terrier is the more dominant of the two, and the dropper backs down when it comes to a confrontation. The terrier will ALWAYS pee over top of where the dropper pees outside, her way of saying "I'm leaving the smell around here". The humping occurs the most often when she feels we're not paying enough attention to her (sorta like saying "NOW I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION") or if one of us is gone from home for a few days. Another odd habit is she ALWAYS greets me at the door when I come home with a toy in her mouth, she won't show until she finds one. I'd love to trade places for a day or two, and understand what REALLY goes on in their minds....

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

I thought that at first, but even though she is much taller and outwighs the terrier by 30 lbs, the terrier is the more dominant of the two, and the dropper backs down when it comes to a confrontation. The terrier will ALWAYS pee over top of where the dropper pees outside, her way of saying "I'm leaving the smell around here". The humping occurs the most often when she feels we're not paying enough attention to her (sorta like saying "NOW I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION") or if one of us is gone from home for a few days. Another odd habit is she ALWAYS greets me at the door when I come home with a toy in her mouth, she won't show until she finds one. I'd love to trade places for a day or two, and understand what REALLY goes on in their minds....

The terrier might be above the dropper, but that doesn't mean the dropper doesn't see herself above you guys in the pecking order

I always said that I'd love to see what they're thinking sometimes, especially with the really smart dogs.  One of my dogs was the smartest damn dog I've ever seen.  I bet he was smarter than half the people out there.  You could watch him think things over and then plan out what he was going to do next.  He listened to every damn word you said, responded to everything, learned commands and signals within minutes, never touched anything he wasn't supposed to, etc.  He was basically a person in a dog suit.  The mutt I have now is the exact opposite. Nothing but nose and just a plain old dog.