IGNORED

Mineral time..

Jay I have tried them all, but for FREDON, they like LUCKY BUCK the best...   30-06 went untouched the one time I tried, it, both in my woods and the piece by you I shot my buck this past fall. I have heard others have good success with it, but not for me.   Trophy Rock gets hit hard, but that is more of an attractant than a true supplement.   Lucky Buck is a good blend of attractant and supplement.    A&W natural labs also put out a great product, that was the best when I could get their vanilla blend and it was slightly preferred over Lucky Buck, but I think they changed something because the next season it was not touched as much and Lucky Buck was getting destroyed.... I was going through a full bucket of LB  last season every two weeks...   

I would try the LB or A&W. 

never run a mineral site.  do you just dump the luck buck on the ground?  mix it with anything?  do you just do this the whole off season?

I have had mineral sites going for many years. Two years ago I used the Imperial 3006 mix and it shut  both of my better  sites down.

Not sure what the difference was, but the deer didnt like it. 

Had areas where they liked the lucky buck , as well as others that  didnt hit it as well.

all my sites seem to get hit better when I add liquid minerals into the site .

great for getting an early inventory of whats around 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

never run a mineral site.  do you just dump the luck buck on the ground?  mix it with anything?  do you just do this the whole off season?

find a spot they naturally travel, that drains well and has decent soil you can loosen up with a shovel. I think shady areas near spring and summer natural food sources and travel routes are best. I would not put out in an open field.   Break up the soil, about a 3 to 4 foot diameter circle... Rake the rocks and debris out of it.  I would start by mixing / raking in 2/3 of the bucket, and then save the last 1/3 for a top coat..  Set up a cam 15 yards off it.  I like using the camera mounts that you just screw in the tree, and can adjust the pitch of camera with a screw... I like to put it above their eyes aiming down, which generally is about 6' from ground. 

Leave it alone for 2-3 weeks, and go back in with another bucket.  If it's not hit hard, and you don't have fair amount of pics, might have to consider relocating...  I don't put anything out until about mid-march....

Here are some of my "Lucky Buck" results... The second picture shows where it started to fail last season.   Having used that site for a good 8 years, it has just been too dug out and became a mosquito breeding station and I will be moving it this season...

08130141.JPG

08100429.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

find a spot they naturally travel, that drains well and has decent soil you can loosen up with a shovel. I think shady areas near spring and summer natural food sources and travel routes are best. I would not put out in an open field. Break up the soil, about a 3 to 4 foot diameter circle... Rake the rocks and debris out of it. I would start by mixing / raking in 2/3 of the bucket, and then save the last 1/3 for a top coat.. Set up a cam 15 yards off it. I like using the camera mounts that you just screw in the tree, and can adjust the pitch of camera with a screw... I like to put it above their eyes aiming down, which generally is about 6' from ground.

Leave it alone for 2-3 weeks, and go back in with another bucket. If it's not hit hard, and you don't have fair amount of pics, might have to consider relocating... I don't put anything out until about mid-march....

Here are some of my "Lucky Buck" results... The second picture shows where it started to fail last season. Having used that site for a good 8 years, it has just been too dug out and became a mosquito breeding station and I will be moving it this season...

Thanks. When do you stop? When season opens again?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. When do you stop? When season opens again?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

around the time the velvet starts coming off, they pretty much ignore it, and usually by beginning of August, you can start to see the drop-off... Most bucks by me seem to stop growing by end of July...  May/June/July are peak mineral consumption months so it seems - I am not an expert though. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

Where is BMelvin?  He made his own and sold it and knew everything there is to know about deer minerals.    He used to post on NJH, I thought he made it over here but never see him post anymore 

I shot a big 10pt once….