IGNORED

“Bubba Buck” - A hunt I’ll never forget

Congrats nice buck and story .nice work jay. I think those deer by jays shed that scared your wife is bubba's way of letting you know he was with you to pick up your mount .Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks. I agree with you. My brother and I were inseparable and I believe he uses every chance he gets to show me he’s still around.

I got the call that I had been waiting for. I picked up my deer mount from Jersey Jay last night.

This deer means a lot to me and here is the story of why.

It was November 23rd, 2016 and this day meant a lot to me because it was the 15 year anniversary of my little brother Stephen “Bubba” passing away. Every year I take this day off of work to spend the day going to the cemetery and spend time with my family. Well on this specific day I decided I was going to sit in my treestand for the morning and from there go to the cemetery. It was colder than I anticipated that morning, but it was a beautiful morning (picture below was at 6:45am that day). It was a slow morning deer wise, saw a couple of does off in the distance. Around 8:30 I started to get pretty cold to where I was getting ready to get down. My wife called so I answered it, which I normally wouldn’t do but I was ready to get down anyways. As I was talking to her, I saw movement about 80 yards away across the ridge from my stand. I said gotta go and hung up. I was able to see that it was a buck. As I watched him across the ridge I said to myself, if this deer comes to me, I have to shoot it because Bubba sent it my way to show me that he’s around. Well about 10 minutes later the deer turns and heads down the ridge, across the creek and walked straight to me. He stood broadside at 18 yards and I let the arrow fly. He ran off to my right and was dead within 60 yards. After the shot and seeing him go down, I looked up, pointed to the sky and remember saying “I love you Bubba, I know that was your way of telling me you’re always with me”. I climbed down, got the deer outta the woods and headed to the cemetery (got some weird looks at the cemetery but oh well).

This is a hunt that I think about very often and will never forget.

Thank you Jersey Jay for the outstanding work!

Can an admin please rotate the top photo. Thanks.

Nice buck and story

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk