IGNORED

Who stocking up on A.r and Ak 47 ???

Do you think the government would look at these hunting websites and check out all of these threads that mention AR's and all these answers everyone is giving saying ooops mine was robbed and mine fell over board and realize they are sarcastic as hell?

"The Internet is nothing but a place for peoples stupidity to be preserved for posterity"

Ronald Kuby liberal ACLU lawyer from New York

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Do you think the government would look at these hunting websites and check out all of these threads that mention AR's and all these answers everyone is giving saying ooops mine was robbed and mine fell over board and realize they are sarcastic as hell?

That would require technical competence.  So, no, they can't do that part.  It would also require effort, and they're too damn lazy for that.  And, it would actually require them to listen to us, which they don't.

So, nope, ain't gonna' happen.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Gentlemen, you are aware that every gun purchase made at a gun "shop" where you fill out the C.O.E. In triplicate, you get the yellow one, the store keeps the white one, so where exactly do you think the pink one goes? That's right NJSP, poof difacto registration, though I sold my Stag-15 years ago as a P2P sale, the state as far as they know I still own it. And if it wasn't the fact that I'm moving to Florida in a little over 10 weeks, when not if this bill passes, I'm sure I would get a letter in the mail ordering me to dispose of that rifle and any magazines I may have for it and send back confirmation of such, then the next step when no word is sent back I guess would be a home visit with a warrant to search for illegal weapons, with the C.O.E. The state has on file as the basis for that warrant.

Will LEO's attempt to enforce it? Yes I believe more than most would for fear of losing their jobs and pensions.

Will there be violence? Maybe some, but I bet most gun owners will meekly comply rather than risk confrontation.

Otherwise I think our gun laws would be more in line with PA. JMO.

I'm starting a new life, one that as I see it will grant me liberty and financial success, though I'm taking a pay cut of $2.50 per hour, with the reduction in taxes, no state income tax, and taking a third fed deduction, I will actually NET a few more dollars than I do now

For me at least, there is no reason to stay and be treated worse than an illegal alien, be taxed into submission and my constitutional rights trampled on.

Once I get settled, my job as a marine mechanic will be a YEAROUND JOB!, at a very good company, that has said once I show what I can do they will bump me back up, thier words, so in just a few months I'll be back to my jersey salary in Florida, where it will go further than here.

The old saying that you'll never get the same money if you leave in my case doesn't jive, just adjust the fed with holding,, to get more in your check! In my case I may end up owing 1-200 at the end of the year, but the surplus in my check I can save and accrue interest, something a refund check doesn't do, wish I thought of that sooner. Lol I do it now to avoid a 2015 Obamacare fine.

I'm single so it's easier for me to leave, the more I thought about, the more I saw that I have ZERO chance of making a living here.

My advice? If you can leave NJ, do it! I was fortunate to have a job that lets me transfer. I took the opportunity.

I'll be working at the Clearwater Florida MarineMax starting April, my new boss and many of the techs I'll be working with are ALL from NJ! Lol, even the receptionist is from Neptune. Lol

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I'll be dropping them off on the family farm out of state . Then moving there once I find work there.

No one is selling because everyone loves their guns and hope this will get resolved so they can keep them. Many if not most will keep them regardless of what happens.  Anyway why do you think the price will go up if the gun become illegal?

Edited by Lunatic

Simple

DO NOT COMPLY

I’m not a criminal, I’d never comply with those hullshit laws.

Whet does that mean don't comply? Are you going to take your illegal AR to a public range or hunt with it? No. the best we can do is to hide our guns and never use them again, and then what is the point? This is just the beginning and we will be lucky to hang on to 12 ga samis.

1)  Sell your rifle out-of-state

2)  Keep your rifle, but you must "register" it with State of New Jersey or you'll be a "criminal" and could go to jail if caught 

3)  Render your rifle permanently inoperable

4)  Destroy your rifle

Those were the four options offered to residents of New York State, my guess is it will be similar/same hear.

Given New Jersey Democrats have boasted they want to have the STRICTEST gun laws in all of America, it's possible #2 wont even be an option, but I actually DONT think they'll go that route because they will likely not want to automatically trigger a SCOTUS trial that they know they'd likely not only lose, but hurt other far-left states' anti-gun laws with.  My 2¢.

I agree.  I don't think outright confiscation will be pursued.  There are tons of constitutional issues if the government just takes your property w/o compensation which could tie up the whole thing for years ;they won't want that.  I think you will have the option to register.  But, they can outlaw any transfer even to your heirs, so they figure they'll eventually get the gun when you die.  

You can assume that in NJ non-compliance will carry crazy heavy penalties.  Like years in jail.  

GhostBear you couldn’t be more incorrect in your assumptions.

One copy is for the buyer.

One copy is for the store, that they must file and store for as long as they’re open.

One copy goes to the state. It is illegal to put these is digital form so they are stored in original form by the state. All the FFLs I’ve spoken to say they are stored in barges because after 50-60years of keeping track thatS the cheapest option. You overestimate the efficiency of state government especially when a high speed computer isn’t involved.

The laws are asinine.

I’ve seen with my own eyes, 30rd mags being handed back to the owner after a domestic these laws are meant to be additional charges for drug dealers and scumbags. Not us!!! The cops are us.

Gentlemen, you are aware that every gun purchase made at a gun "shop" where you fill out the C.O.E. In triplicate, you get the yellow one, the store keeps the white one, so where exactly do you think the pink one goes? That's right NJSP, poof difacto registration, though I sold my Stag-15 years ago as a P2P sale, the state as far as they know I still own it. And if it wasn't the fact that I'm moving to Florida in a little over 10 weeks, when not if this bill passes, I'm sure I would get a letter in the mail ordering me to dispose of that rifle and any magazines I may have for it and send back confirmation of such, then the next step when no word is sent back I guess would be a home visit with a warrant to search for illegal weapons, with the C.O.E. The state has on file as the basis for that warrant.

Will LEO's attempt to enforce it? Yes I believe more than most would for fear of losing their jobs and pensions.

Will there be violence? Maybe some, but I bet most gun owners will meekly comply rather than risk confrontation.

Otherwise I think our gun laws would be more in line with PA. JMO.

I'm starting a new life, one that as I see it will grant me liberty and financial success, though I'm taking a pay cut of $2.50 per hour, with the reduction in taxes, no state income tax, and taking a third fed deduction, I will actually NET a few more dollars than I do now

For me at least, there is no reason to stay and be treated worse than an illegal alien, be taxed into submission and my constitutional rights trampled on.

Once I get settled, my job as a marine mechanic will be a YEAROUND JOB!, at a very good company, that has said once I show what I can do they will bump me back up, thier words, so in just a few months I'll be back to my jersey salary in Florida, where it will go further than here.

The old saying that you'll never get the same money if you leave in my case doesn't jive, just adjust the fed with holding,, to get more in your check! In my case I may end up owing 1-200 at the end of the year, but the surplus in my check I can save and accrue interest, something a refund check doesn't do, wish I thought of that sooner. Lol I do it now to avoid a 2015 Obamacare fine.

I'm single so it's easier for me to leave, the more I thought about, the more I saw that I have ZERO chance of making a living here.

My advice? If you can leave NJ, do it! I was fortunate to have a job that lets me transfer. I took the opportunity.

I'll be working at the Clearwater Florida MarineMax starting April, my new boss and many of the techs I'll be working with are ALL from NJ! Lol, even the receptionist is from Neptune. Lol

I think you have the wrong thread? :shock:

Not really, just pointing out there is another option other than noncompliance. If you are able to leave instead, do it is all, and I just shared what moving will achieve in my case. More freedom and more of my hard earned money in my pocket. Re read the first part of it, I touch on what I think will happen when Murphy signs that bill.

Part of why I'm leaving is just that, my rights are routinely trampled on, based only on cosmetic features or so called "evil" features, you know, like a flash hider, a folding or telescopic stock, or a standered capacity magazine, not being able to put a pistol grip on a semi auto shotgun, because if you do, suddenly it's an assault weapon. Can a cosmetic feature really be "evil"? The idiocy of this state and its legislature has reach my breaking point, I've just had enough of it.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

GhostBear you couldn’t be more incorrect in your assumptions.

One copy is for the buyer.

One copy is for the store, that they must file and store for as long as they’re open.

One copy goes to the state. It is illegal to put these is digital form so they are stored in original form by the state. All the FFLs I’ve spoken to say they are stored in barges because after 50-60years of keeping track thatS the cheapest option. You overestimate the efficiency of state government especially when a high speed computer isn’t involved.

The laws are asinine.

I’ve seen with my own eyes, 30rd mags being handed back to the owner after a domestic these laws are meant to be additional charges for drug dealers and scumbags. Not us!!! The cops are us.

This is why I am so happy that it's all done on paper.

The gov't barely has enough money to do what it's doing right now.  They will get bathed in fire if they hire an army of people to go through a giant mountain of paperwork to infringe on the rights of the citizens.  It's an impossible task that is essentially political suicide.  The first guy they confiscate from will be in front of the SCOTUS, and they will tell NJ to go pound sand.  Far too risky.  They'll make the threat, but if they try to actually do something, most NJ state gun laws will collapse in front of the SCOTUS.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Regardless of our new Governor's stupidity, NJ isn't about to be the first state to confiscate guns.  There is not a state in the Union prepared to disarm its citizenry.  Most of us will put our suddenly illegal guns in the back of the safe and wait for better days.  Just like happened during the Clinton era assault weapons ban that eventually twilighted and is no longer a law we have to comply with.  

That said, moving the wife to PA once the kid is off to college soon is sounding better and better.  I can plow another $1,000/month into my retirement just on my property tax savings if we do that.  Then I can get rid of my NJ compliant features and have a "real AR".  

This is why I am so happy that it's all done on paper.

The gov't barely has enough money to do what it's doing right now.  They will get bathed in fire if they hire an army of people to go through a giant mountain of paperwork to infringe on the rights of the citizens.  It's an impossible task that is essentially political suicide.  The first guy they confiscate from will be in front of the SCOTUS, and they will tell NJ to go pound sand.  Far too risky.  They'll make the threat, but if they try to actually do something, most NJ state gun laws will collapse in front of the SCOTUS.

You are most likely right but this is not a silver lining. If you can't use your gun then what good is it? It will be collecting dust in your basement like the rest of the junk down there:-( 

Not really, just pointing out there is another option other than noncompliance. If you are able to leave instead, do it is all, and I just shared what moving will achieve in my case. More freedom and more of my hard earned money in my pocket. Re read the first part of it, I touch on what I think will happen when Murphy signs that bill.

Part of why I'm leaving is just that, my rights are routinely trampled on, based only on cosmetic features or so called "evil" features, you know, like a flash hider, a folding or telescopic stock, or a standered capacity magazine, not being able to put a pistol grip on a semi auto shotgun, because if you do, suddenly it's an assault weapon. Can a cosmetic feature really be "evil"? The idiocy of this state and its legislature has reach my breaking point, I've just had enough of it.

Yes, we all know we can move but we are not all single, no kids, no parents to take care of, no house to call home and no other liabilities, responsibilities and emotional ties to this place.