IGNORED

Thoughts on EAB - combined threads

dlist777

It explains why you are so cranky :happywave:

This is no way to live. How long can you or want to go like this?

When my kids were small I had a job which also too everything out of me. My little kids would not recognize me on Sunday morning because I was heading to work way before they were up and coming home after they were already sleeping. After a year of this, despite of the financial pressures of paying for the new house I quit my job and found another way, initially with less money, to make go of it. Make a move !

I woudlnt go that far to say I'm cranky.i don't hunt hard or alot like many do.I HUNT SMART.i always tag out usually 2 weeks in November that's when I do my hunting the most and maybe a day or 2 in january.i hunted 30plus years and the firearms season lost it's appeal with me in this state I don't need to stress over the opener or shoot every deer every day week or month.i would like a couple of more days to go esp winter bow but I gotta make the bread man that's how it goes I fish alot more then hunt that takes cashflo

To each its own. I look back and cherish every moment I had in the woods

Not that I didn't cherish every moment I did spend in the woods, but there were a whole lot of other things that went ignored or undone. It took awhile to realize that there was more to life. As I grew older I picked my days that favored deer movement rather than picking everyday and burning out. The extra months added to the hunt added to the stepping back.

Not that I didn't cherish every moment I did spend in the woods, but there were a whole lot of other things that went ignored or undone. It took awhile to realize that there was more to life. As I grew older I picked my days that favored deer movement rather than picking everyday and burning out. The extra months added to the hunt added to the stepping back.

I'm with you X7, I don't even think about deer hunting until late October.  September and October are for kayaking, biking, and hiking.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Does anyone know if E.A.B. for youth hunters will not be required as in past years?

Find your reg set in the new regulations and see what it says - these are the latest official release of the regulations: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2017/regsets17-18.pdf

As I read it, only on youth day can the young hunter harvest either sex. Any other day of fall bow where EAB is in effect, the EAB restrictions are in place even for youth. But read the regs and see what you think.

Mazz

I agree it's not listed in the reg. set.  It was listed in last years digest EAB is not required for youth. I guess we'll have to wait for this years full edition to be sure..... Either way good luck to all the youth hunters. This will be my daughters first full season. Can't wait for the fun to begin!!!!

This is where I am now. Fall is a great time of year for many things, hunting is just one of them. Although, I will admit, if the hunting was better here, I would probably be more "into it" than I now am, but, fishing and crabbing are good around here in the Fall, probably do some more hiking up in N NJ this year, and of course, a few hunting trips to Ohio and Maine. I.m just not driven to do much NJ hunting any longer.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.