IGNORED

NJ Announced Gun Buy Back

NorthJerseyMike

Keep a close eye on your guns.  They'll be looking to steal them for the money.  I wonder how many get turned in with the numbers filed off, or if the guns are checked before being destroyed to see if they match one that was stolen.  If I had reported a rifle stolen, I'd take one that matches back from the crooks even if it wasn't the same one.

One of the last buy backs, an old woman was turning in her dead husbands war bring back STG44 for 200 bucks, but I'll give the cops props, they took the gun and her out of the line, and helped her sell it to a collector out of state for almost 30,000. Don't think for a second anything remotely valuable goes the the smelter, some of it ends up in the Chiefs safe.

Edited by GhostBear

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I have seen some pics of WW2 1911s going to the smelter. Makes me sick! How many Garands, Johnsons, The evil M1 carbine. Some would make tons of cash for the state selling to LEGAL gun owners or collectors!

Yup .... I've seen photos from previous gun-buy-backs here in NJ. Tables full of really nice old guns ..... historic stuff. GrandPa's, or Great Grand Pa's, guns.

Sad.

If I were an enterprising person, I would stand a half a block away and offer double what they are offering - contingent on my examining the gun for functionality and resale value. I'm thinking at least a couple guns being sold would be worth more than 200. Just fill out the proper paperwork, show them my FID, and off to the nearest gun dealer to resell for a profit!

There's a problem with that.

They wont have an FID card.

Or I would do this........oh........ how I would do this.   Except most would go into my collection.   I could use a nice K98 with all the right stampings.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Time to bust out the 3D printer and make a bunch of "assault weapon" lowers to turn in.  Gotta' make sure they look exactly like the ones categorized as "assault weapons" in NJ law.

If they turn me away would that mean that my "assault weapon" lowers are not really guns or "assault weapons"?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Time to bust out the 3D printer and make a bunch of "assault weapon" lowers to turn in.  Gotta' make sure they look exactly like the ones categorized as "assault weapons" in NJ law.

If they turn me away would that mean that my "assault weapon" lowers are not really guns or "assault weapons"?

That's actually pretty brilliant, never thought of that.

But screw the 3D printer part, you can buy lower receivers for less than $50, so turn in 3 of them and that's a $450 profit.  And ironically, $450 is about the going rate on sale of a lower-end AR.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

• 1 month later...

I have seen some pics of WW2 1911s going to the smelter

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: .. I've been looking for one at a reasonable price for years.. No wonder the price keeps going up.. Screwed by NJ again and I don't even live there.. :rant:

:D