IGNORED

Vegetable gardens

Anyone make their own sprinkler system for the garden. I made mine from 1/2" PVC pipe. Put a shut off valve on it and that's how adjust the distance the water shoots out. All I did was drill tiny holes where I want the water to come out. I drill on a angle so it shoots upwards some and across the garden.

20170624_174217.jpg

20170624_174407.jpg

20170624_174126.jpg

I used grass clippings for a few years until I put it on too thick around the potatoes and burned up the plants.  That stuff was smoking hot(like a wet hay bale).   It was also adding weed seed to the garden.  I used wood chips for a couple years.  Got them for nothing at the landfill.  They also worked well. I tilled them into the soil in the fall.  Wood chips hold moisture, and decay into really good soil.

IMG_1508.jpg

Edited by Greybeard

I don't have a cool garden like some of you other folks, but I do grow some perennials (because I am too lazy to take care of annuals).

This year is going to be a bumper crop year for hazelnuts.  I've been growing them for about 17 years now, and I've never had more on the bush in previous years.

Here is some information from Rutgers about the hazelnuts I'm growing and the studies they're doing:  http://agproducts.rutgers.edu/hazelnuts/

Here are the photos:

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.