IGNORED

Your 2016 Kills.....

BHC

we'll set up a nice spot for him over behind Jack's house before the party!

Hahahahaha I am NOT that guy.........Jay on the other hand.........................Just kidding Jay. Hope to see you for a few on Saturday.

Had a great 2016! My first of the season came at the end of regular bow. Was after him for about a month, and hunted him many times with two previous encounters. Used a climber and played the wind every time I stepped in the woods. Finally payed off on Wednesday, 10/26. Cold front was moving in, wind in my face, and just before dark had a main frame 8 with 4 kickers lying on the ground.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

2nd buck came shortly after the first. If I remember correctly, extended bow came in on 10/29. Had this guy lurking at a different spot in zone 28. Just after first light on the 30th I could hear movement close by. I look over and see this guy hanging in the brush behind me. The spread had me, so the arrow flew. He dropped in sight and that was the end of extended bow and deer hunting until PA rifle season...,,,,which leads to my next story.

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

So into the PA mountains of Clinton County.....I saw a stud on opening day and missed my opportunity. I was bummed and really didn't think I would get another chance since I was only there for 3 days of hunting. Man was I wrong. Tuesday morning about an hour into daylight I see movement on the crest of the mountain. Gun up and looking through the scope I see 3 does pop out with more movement in the brush. It had to be a buck! Finally starts moving forward and it's another slick. Heart was jumping through my chest at that point. Slightly disappointed I lowered the rifle. Look to my right and see this stud quartering toward me at 100 yards. Had to do a double take because I thought my eyes were deceiving me. Deer was on the move and getting ready to crest the mountainside out of sight. Threw up the gun and ripped one. By the time I reloaded the deer was out of sight. Not knowing I crushed it, I sat patiently for a few u till my curiousity got the best of me. Walked up to where I last saw the deer and it was lying right there in a small ravine just out of sight from where I was standing. Beautiful mountain 10 point!

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3071.JPG

I gotta say, having 3 full hunting seasons under my belt; there are some very impressive bucks shot by you guys and gals. While I wasn't in the best areas, I spent countless hours in the woods and have yet to harvest a buck. I passed on a few and did learn a ton, but none like on this thread. Nice job done by ALL. This year, I will have 1 to post!

• 2 weeks later...