IGNORED

What is this and how do I get rid of it?

82ndAbnRVN

Could be hard to kill it now with the hot temps Beyer - Ortho - both have good weed killers I like Ortho drys to rain faster. Look it Directions for the Safe Temp Zones to Apply it and More Is not better do as Directed if in a very small area pick it out as close to the soil as possible it may or may not come back  Better than stressing the lawn.   

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

If it's just that small area, wait until after it rains Saturday, then grab each plant down low and work the roots out, if they will come out.  Some of that stuff has shallow roots, others may have a tap root.  Can't tell what it is in the pic.  Not a good time to spray weed killer now.

It is hard to tell with your posted picture.

For me, it has a faint outline of "Poison Ivy".

You can test for poison Ivy by grabbing a few leaves, crush them in your hands, and then give the wife a gentle massage...wipe your hands your wife's back, legs, and arms, just to make sure. Wait a few days and see if I was right or wrong.:up:

But for these tired old eyes... looks like some bird droppings may have left the Poison Ivey there.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

There are sprays available (Lowes, HD, Ace) that will kill plants with broad leaves but not harm your grass... I've used them but don't remember their names.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

14 hours ago, Greybeard said:

If it's just that small area, wait until after it rains Saturday,                             Not a good time to spray weed killer now.

Ortho Weed Killers can be sprayed before any rain no need to wait since it drys on the weed in one hour and does not wash off. And can be applied anytime when the temps are between 45 -90  The regular Weed B-Gone does not kill broadleaf weeds a Crab Grass broad leaf Killer has to be used.  Plus if you spray it on a Stressed lawn do to Drought or un Fertilized can Cause more stress.  My Lawns are my testament. and hobby.  

As best I can tell from your picture, it looks like tree seedlings from maple trees. Have the same thing in my manicured bluegrass sodded lawn so I feel your pain.  Chemically treat or run the mower over; they seem to eventually die off. 

On 6/21/2018 at 4:07 PM, 82ndAbnRVN said:

Had beautiful lawn for many years ... now this leafy thing has shown up. What is it and how do I make it go away?

20180621_160314.jpg

Like you I like a Beautiful Lawn A lot of time and Money goes into it, To me, it is a Point ofProperty Pride. Unfortunately, my Neighbors don't share that pride The property line on the right photo is a new neighbor from hell to be polite. It has been a constant battle of killing the invading weds from his yard into mine.  You Name it Poison Ivy - Oak and some 20 others unnamed.  his wife is too embarrassed to come out in their yard. About that Maple Seedling either leave it and the constant mowing will kill it or just go as far down and Pull it out. Good luck 

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

These two helpful products come to mind....

the-asshole-repellent.thumb.jpg.5d7444aa981627a9b2374032fdbe1bf8.jpgzapcrap1.jpg.7c53998f0d84beb83178298a5383da61.jpg

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.