IGNORED

Father's Day Gifts

Integracingsr

With Mother's Day having just recently passed, Father's Day is right around the corner.  Last year my wife bought me a book for Father's Day since we had one on the way and I really enjoyed it so I thought I'd share it with all of you like-minded folks.  It's called "With Dad on a Deer Stand" by Steve Chapman.  It's a compilation of short stories and reflections on deer hunting adventures from different perspectives.. sons, daughters, and fathers.  I enjoyed it so much that I bought a copy for my Dad.  He loved it so much that he read through the entire book that day.  It's very easy reading, full of stories we can all relate to, and a good reminder of cherishing the time with your Dads, Grandfathers, Uncles, Sons/Daughters, Friends.  I can't recommend it enough.  If any of you decide to read it, let me know what you think.  With that said, I need another gift idea for this year.  Does anyone else have a good recommendation on Father's Day gifts?

10 minutes ago, mattg1500 said:

I send my dad a man crate. Last year was a cement block with a hammer and safety glasses and when he smashed it there was a Basspro giftcard inside. They have pretty neat unique gifts

That is really cool.  Glad it was not a Dick's card.

Great idea & great gift!!  I am going to order that book. Although, since I havnt talked to my dad in 5 yrs ever since he was never there for us or supportive after my 9 yr old son passed away from a sudden stomach illness and unknown heart condition, I am guna get the book for my 12 yr old son.....we have spent some time in the treestand and even though he has yet to get his first deer and he's been frustrated, I think he understands the importance of spending time with dad "in the stand", but it would be good for him to read about some stand stories. And his school reading assignment is to read at least 15-30 minutes very night!

Once my kids got old enough ,y wife and I no longer exchange gifts on Mother/Father day. I just remind my kids the day is coming and they do what they do.

I always look for a good bock so thanks for the recommendation. I hope it was made into Audibook since I listen instead of reading:-)

Before my dad died, we would always just do something that he wanted to do and then we'd take them out for lunch or come back to my house and have a small bbq or something.  There's way more to life than stuff and most dad's have everything they could possibly ever want or need.  

Sentimental gifts like the book you mentioned are a good idea.  same goes for practical or useful things like a good knife or a quality watch or backpack, hunting/fishing gear, etc.  

17 hours ago, Integracingsr said:

It's called "With Dad on a Deer Stand" by Steve Chapman.  It's a compilation of short stories and reflections on deer hunting adventures from different perspectives.. sons, daughters, and fathers.  I enjoyed it so much that I bought a copy for my Dad.  

You can't go wrong reading any of his books.  :up: