IGNORED

Basement waterproofing

Can anyone here recommend a company that does water proofing?

I am having a new foundation installed and would like to get it done. 

The job is in North Hanover Twp. Burlington Cty. 

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

This is something that you can do yourself.  If you want some advice we can chat Via PM.  I am assuming you are talking about the exterior of the foundation below grade.  PM me if you want me to send you product info on what we use.

Edited by tjfslaughter

Here is the product that I would recommend installed with a roller:

https://www.tremcosealants.com/fileshare/ApplicationInstructions_Hyland/TREMproof_250GC_AI.pdf

In addition I assume you are installing a retention basin as well.  If so install perforated pipe (and tie it into the basin) on top of the footing next to the block or stem wall and bury with gravel prior to backfilling.

3 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

Can anyone here recommend a company that does water proofing?

I am having a new foundation installed and would like to get it done. 

The job is in North Hanover Twp. Burlington Cty. 

Ask the Company doing the foundation might also add all that work into a Contract and less hassle of DIY and same costs.  You also may have to deal with Local Building codes.  Some things are better off having professionals do the work. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I ended up hiring a company to do it. Being a first time gc, I didnt realize that an exterior footing drain is required by code and was included in my foundation quote. I was thinking this was going to be an added expense.  Also, the foundation contractor had an interior basement drain included also. I took the precaution of installing a 2nd sump pit on opposite sides of the basement. I hired a waterproofing company to seal the exterior walls. I also have them applying a 3/4 inch drainage board that helps with diverting any water against the foundation walls down to the footing drain. Ive had 4 houses with basements and at one time or another Ive had water come in one way or another. 

The exterior drain was done when I got there, you can see the fabric which covers the crushed stone that was installed around the drain pipe. 

Its much cheaper to bite the bullet now, do it right then to have to dig things up later and do it. 

Here are some pics. I will post a few of the waterproofing process when its done. 

20180424_182537.thumb.jpg.dfc35824ceef595fc77b1eed604db243.jpg20180424_182655.thumb.jpg.86a5c951e41e1524b2f8ce68c2e1dffa.jpg

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

1 hour ago, MRMCR said:

When I redid my basement floor, I installed  french drains all around and they have worked great.......

I mentioned a french drain to my mason contractor and he said they are not allowed any longer due to radon

www.liftxrentals.com

48 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

I mentioned a french drain to my mason contractor and he said they are not allowed any longer due to radon

He is correct radon has made that illegal to install. Code requires an exterior foundation drain which your radon fan should be piped right out of thr sump pit then the sump cover sealed to the basement slab. Duel pumps is a good idea however get a small generator as a back up because battery back ups fail when you need them most. Also make sure your sump discharges water 10’ away from your house. Most just stub ot out of the foundation wall and the fresh dig being done to build your foundation will leave dirt with less compaction than the remainder of your yard. This causes most problems with new homes due to the fact that the lesser compacted dirt allows water pressure to build up right where you dont want it... next to your foundation

AWM

1 hour ago, maximus66 said:

Also make sure your sump discharges water 10’ away from your house.

I see so many homes where the water discharges right next to the foundation of the house and the water just seeps back in.......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

2 hours ago, maximus66 said:

He is correct radon has made that illegal to install. Code requires an exterior foundation drain which your radon fan should be piped right out of thr sump pit then the sump cover sealed to the basement slab. Duel pumps is a good idea however get a small generator as a back up because battery back ups fail when you need them most. Also make sure your sump discharges water 10’ away from your house. Most just stub ot out of the foundation wall and the fresh dig being done to build your foundation will leave dirt with less compaction than the remainder of your yard. This causes most problems with new homes due to the fact that the lesser compacted dirt allows water pressure to build up right where you dont want it... next to your foundation

Isn't the interior pipe in his picture a French drain?

I didn't know about the radon/f drain thing.

Thanks

18 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Isn't the interior pipe in his picture a French drain?

I didn't know about the radon/f drain thing.

Thanks

Actually no, that is an interior drain. A true french drain is established by a gap or space of relief between the slab and foundation wall that leaves a void leading to the crushed stone and earth under the slab. That interior drain you see will be covered with concrete with its ends terminating within the sump pit. This allows radon gas to be remediated by the fan/sump cover i mentioned above.

AWM

1 minute ago, maximus66 said:

Actually no, that is an interior drain. A true French drain is established by a gap or space of relief between the slab and foundation wall that leaves a void leading to the crushed stone and earth under the slab. That interior drain you see will be covered with concrete with its ends terminating within the sump pit. This allows radon gas to be remediated by the fan/sump cover i mentioned above.

Ok, thanks. Its just a different definition of French drain I had in mind but I understand.
When I added on to my house I installed an outside perimeter drain and never had water