IGNORED

hunter falls from treestand

Prayers for the hunter and his family. I never had any problems wearing a harness or a belt for that matter. I had a baker stand go away from me many years ago that l was fortunate enough to be able to survive from. The belt saved me even though it was all I could do to cut it before it killed me. I still keep a knife close from that incident.

There is no excuse to be without safety gear or to get lazy with it. I had another incident with my Lone Wolf where I unhooked the safety rope to navigate under a branch. The hand climber failed and I was helped with the strength of God to get myself back to the tree

most guys that have experienced a fall wearing a vest will tell you they would have rather tried their luck without it.

​your balls literally get smashed back in from where they came.

​then if youre not fit enough to get down, hanging there is a slow death as well.

​fall sense of security maybe?

​don't get me wrong, I still wear mine. just make sure you have a protocol for when shit goes down

thats why the rock climbing harness is so much better.

Its made to sit back in all day, unlike the vests which you need to be out of within five minutes.

with the rick climbing harness it swings you from the front towards the tree, allowing you to much easier get back onto a step or your stand.

hanging from a harness with its tie of point above your head isnt going to  make it simple.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

thats why the rock climbing harness is so much better.

Its made to sit back in all day, unlike the vests which you need to be out of within five minutes.

with the rick climbing harness it swings you from the front towards the tree, allowing you to much easier get back onto a step or your stand.

hanging from a harness with its tie of point above your head isnt going to  make it simple.

I've often thought about this.  I once stepped off a stand with my harness for a test (at 4 feet) and it crushed my nuts and I was hanging so awkwardly I probably wouldn't have been able to go anywhere.  The only bad things I can think of with a rock climbing harness is: (1) would you slip through in a head first fall and (2) how can you hook a lineman's belt on it.  What do you think?  I imagine having it tied in from the front is a little annoying but I think I would get used to that....

Even when guys have fallen off cliffs they still get righted on a head first fall , ,

If you look on you tube you can see all kinds of ways to set up and use the rock climbing harness .

Ant, I got mine from REI,

But you can get them on ebay.

I have the Black Diamond Alpine Bod

And also the Black Diamond couloir.

I use the 1" tubular webbing for my lanyard.

It hangs along side of me by my hip , and while its attached in the front , i dont even know its there

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I gave up using my climbing stand. Too much trouble. Need tow rope, bow holder, safety harness, ect. I sit on the ground, back to tree, and deer walk within 10 yards of me. That said, I still wear my vest harness, it holds all my gear. Then I hook up the drag strap and just walk normally with the deer behind me. Cannot imagine getting in a tree without one. This happens every year. I hope people will learn. I also still see people who ski without helmets. I hope he recovers.

I gave up using my climbing stand. Too much trouble. Need tow rope, bow holder, safety harness, ect. I sit on the ground, back to tree, and deer walk within 10 yards of me. That said, I still wear my vest harness, it holds all my gear. Then I hook up the drag strap and just walk normally with the deer behind me. Cannot imagine getting in a tree without one. This happens every year. I hope people will learn. I also still see people who ski without helmets. I hope he recovers.

sonny Bono didn't wear one but he lived with Cher so it was probably suicide

...you think this guy bounced or made a thud when he hit ground???I've fell a couple of times fortunately I only suffered a broken ankle on thanksgiving and the other time I was taking a stand down and fell in just had the wind knocked out of me

The you tube example above shows the guy with the tree rope to the harness way too low. Its no wonder he falls so far from the tree. That rope should be over your head as high as you can reach so if you do slip off the stand you go no farther than the platform.

Then how do you make a shot if the harness rope is so far up?

​I always found putting it lower and drawing the bow over the tether makes it somewhat doable.

​hammer was my inspiration and shortly after my post earlier I went to EMS and purchased a "petzyl adjama"

I like it already