IGNORED

CANCELLED: Stevo's Youth Rim Fire Day - RANGE CLEANED & PAINTED!

I grabbed this from the "site that shall not be named" to post here regarding the conditions of the range.  Quote from Stevo.

Well I went out to the Range at Colliers Mills yesterday. I was embarrassed to say the least. There was so much garbage you couldn't even get in one station. It looked like there had been a rock concert there the night before. Then as my wife and I started to clean it up I walked in front of the shooting building only to find it had been hit with paint. Everything from Gang related graffiti to "If you want a good F*&K call" The entire building has been tagged in Obscenities.

I cannot bring a group of kids to this place. It is a shame. Most of the garbage has been left by fellow hunters. It looks like a dump. Someone actually brought a box used to transport a kitchen stove and left it. Even though it is not to be used for shooting Clay's they did and left every shell on the ground. My wife turned to me and said "You can't bring kids here". And she is right. What would they be learning? That the Hunting and Shooting Community are a bunch of slobs? Well guess what....... they are. I have no more time this morning but I do have photos. I will post them later.

I am truly disgusted.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

They ride dirt bikes throughout Colliers and tear it up and a few times when I was there they were throwing clay birds and didn't care when I mentioned that it was not allowed.  I know for a fact that many who go there and shoot do not hunt or have hunting licenses which you are supposed to have. Once when I was there 2 correctional officers (in their uniforms) came with plastic milk jugs, set them out, shot them up with their pistols and left, leaving the milk jugs behind.  Not bragging but when I shoot there I put all my garbage in the cans or pack it out and usually pick up other peoples and put it in the can.  This is extremely sad and for the most part those of us who complain are now in the minority.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

I too would be keen to do some cleanup there, do before-and-after photos, and send them to the state as well as other folks.  If the state can't maintain these areas, I'd like to encourage other hunter or shooting organizations to help pick up the slack.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I can't get over there until Sunday. We have cleaned it up before. Every time we do the next time it's worse. We need a long term solution to this. I am going to make F&W send a warden over. And I am going to call the local PD and have an Officer drive over. I am going to be the biggest PIA you ever saw until they start patrolling this area. We have some other ideas I don't want to post on here but believe me the next time we want to take kids over there that Range will be clean and orderly. 56 degrees. You guys should be in your tree stands not cleaning up after a bunch of hoodlums.

I've had enough. It's on now.

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them