IGNORED

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, Introduce Yourself!

BowhunterNJ

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, moved to NJ over the summer from GA but have been hunting up here for the last few years. I’m up in zone 2 which seems to have everything I could want when it comes to hunting, fishing, and general outdoors recreation. First time being able to hunt the entire deer season up here so its got me excited… still getting used to navigating the regs up here. My father-in-law directed to the forum and it seems good and active so I’m pumped to see everyone’s success and insights. I enjoy being a mobile hunter in the big woods up here and catching those native brookies when waiting for deer and turkey season to come around. No hunting buddies in the area yet so if you’re in zone 2 and wanna get into the public land with someone I’m game. 

51 minutes ago, Dozerjoe said:

Hey guys, moved to NJ over the summer from GA but have been hunting up here for the last few years. I’m up in zone 2 which seems to have everything I could want when it comes to hunting, fishing, and general outdoors recreation. First time being able to hunt the entire deer season up here so its got me excited… still getting used to navigating the regs up here. My father-in-law directed to the forum and it seems good and active so I’m pumped to see everyone’s success and insights. I enjoy being a mobile hunter in the big woods up here and catching those native brookies when waiting for deer and turkey season to come around. No hunting buddies in the area yet so if you’re in zone 2 and wanna get into the public land with someone I’m game. 

Awesome!  Welcome to NJ and to the site!  Best of luck this season, we look forward to hearing some stories and seeing some pics! :up: :welcome:

1 hour ago, Dozerjoe said:

Welcome to the site Dozer!  Zone 2 has some great hunting opportunities,  best of luck.

P.S.  We have a couple of get-togethers in your neck of the woods each year.     

2 hours ago, Dozerjoe said:

Welcome and good luck. Z2 is a good one. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

7 hours ago, Dozerjoe said:

Did someone say native brookies? :nerd:

11 hours ago, Dozerjoe said:

Welcome:happywave:,..You shoot any feral hogs down there.:nerd:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

On 10/25/2022 at 1:56 PM, Dozerjoe said:

On 10/25/2022 at 8:56 PM, Bucksnbows said:

Did someone say native brookies? :nerd:

What do you guys call them up here? Lol  And there were a few organization down in GA that did good work on the native streams. 

I’ve done some fishing in Van Campens and Big Flat Brook. I personally like the really small and remote streams where you gotta crawl behind a boulder and make a tight cast. I gotta do some searching on the forum to see where I might find some luck. Sometimes its good to get a break from the tree stand and hit the water.

On 10/26/2022 at 1:54 AM, hunterbob1 said:

Welcome:happywave:,..You shoot any feral hogs down there.:nerd:

I saw plenty of wallows in the river flats and somehow only got one on camera. But I was in North GA between Atlanta and Chattanooga, most of the hog population was south. People have some crazy night rigs to kill hogs… 300 black out with suppressor and night vision scope $$$ :uzi: