IGNORED

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, Introduce Yourself!

BowhunterNJ

• 5 months later...

I live in TN. I fly fish and like flytying. I hunt upland birds and deer. I have some skill in the marshal arts but still carry a concealed fire arm. I shoot sporting clays and plink with everything from 22s to muzzleloaders. The questions on this sight were very interesting to me so even though I am not from NJ  I thought my input might help.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like to say that I was born in California, raised by the Marine Corps, and I some how ended up between New Jersey and Georgia.  I fished as a kid, got out of it for a while and picked it back up a few years ago along with hunting.  This is my third season hunting but I am obsessed with understanding it as much as I can.  My father in law introduced me to bow hunting and the obsession was written.  So far I only deer hunt but am interested in turkey, small game, and migratory bird.  I’ve only hunted stokes here in Jersey but love the big woods and the challenge of it.  As far as fishing, trout is my favorite and catching a native brookie in a small stream is fun as heck.  Hope everyone is having a good season so far, hope to see some of you out there.  

2 hours ago, AntleRoo said:

I like to say that I was born in California, raised by the Marine Corps, and I some how ended up between New Jersey and Georgia.  I fished as a kid, got out of it for a while and picked it back up a few years ago along with hunting.  This is my third season hunting but I am obsessed with understanding it as much as I can.  My father in law introduced me to bow hunting and the obsession was written.  So far I only deer hunt but am interested in turkey, small game, and migratory bird.  I’ve only hunted stokes here in Jersey but love the big woods and the challenge of it.  As far as fishing, trout is my favorite and catching a native brookie in a small stream is fun as heck.  Hope everyone is having a good season so far, hope to see some of you out there.  

Welcome to the site @AntleRoo! :welcome:

Great intro!  Sounds like you're on an awesome path enjoying the NJ outdoors! :up:

Hello, my name is Joe. I live in Union Co but mostly hunt over in south Hunterdon Co. Relatively new to the sport, got into bow hunting within the past few years. Haven't had the chance to put the site on a buck yet, but have downed a couple nice does, and love the meat! None of my older family members were ever into the sport, so I got involved all on my own. For that reason, I try to get involved in hunter groups/clubs/meet ups to learn from those veterans out there. Hopefully I will start a tradition with the generations to come (just had a baby girl  :))

Really enjoy the posts on here. Keep em coming! 

55 minutes ago, HunterJoe19 said:

Hello, my name is Joe. I live in Union Co but mostly hunt over in south Hunterdon Co. Relatively new to the sport, got into bow hunting within the past few years. Haven't had the chance to put the site on a buck yet, but have downed a couple nice does, and love the meat! None of my older family members were ever into the sport, so I got involved all on my own. For that reason, I try to get involved in hunter groups/clubs/meet ups to learn from those veterans out there. Hopefully I will start a tradition with the generations to come (just had a baby girl  :))

Really enjoy the posts on here. Keep em coming! 

Awesome!  Welcome and congrats on the baby girl!  :welcome:

Best of luck this season chasing your first buck!

• 1 month later...

Ok I’ll go. Been a member for about a month now. Primary outdoor activities include fishing(bass,trout and surf), hiking and off-roading. Not a hunter but I’ve been hog hunting in the southwest(great experience). I fished a lot in my youth and gave it up in my adult years. When “covid” started I ran out and boat a small job boat and fished about 3 days a week after work and on weekends. Recently sold the boat and ordered a kayak and can’t wait for spring to get her out. Had a great time this summer bass fishing and now I’m %100 hooked again and it’s all I can think about. Looking forward to being able to exchange info with like minded folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to our newbies.  Put December 17th on your calendars as we have our annual meet up at Pub 199 in North Arlington near Lake Hopatcong just off route 80.  It's a great time and great place to put a face to a screen name.  For obvious reasons, we took this past December off.  Bring cash and your appetite as they don't take plastic.  Hope to see some new faces in 11 or so months!