IGNORED

PSEG Electric bill - Smart Meter

FeniQuest217

Wife and i have been hammering out finance work lately. Our electric bill is typically around what it is in the summertime but for winter. Bunch of people in town have posted issues as well.

Curious if anyone else who has PSE&G has been dealing with this issue after having the 'smart meter' installed. Some in town have said they called and got the run aronud - some have said there has been no difference in their bill. 

But for my family and i there is a major difference in our bill. 

I have Jcpl with solar (which sucks ) and had my most expensive bill ever in January.  I called bs on it but they said nope that’s my usage.  Kinda hard to believe with solar and a wood stove. But I believe rates have increased for every energy company across the board.  

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

Did you go from a estimated billing system to an actual monthly amount?  Maybe they made an adjustment after under estimating bills for a while.  Think we got hit with that adjustment when we got the smart meter a long time ago

Perhaps maybe thats it - Im just looking into this further and requested our transsactions for 2 years to review. It just doesnt make sense to be this high. Tell you what tho - it makes me want to make my next post - Hey anybody go solar?

3 hours ago, FishNHard said:

e letter from pse&g about the meter change and it says you can keep your old meter but there will be a $15 a month added charge if you do.

Most people did not see that letter and hence ended up with the new SMART METER. Four things about the smart meter and the PSEG run around.

1. The jobs savings.

2. There is a failure rate on those new gizmos and it is fairly high. From what I heard, it is something they are aware of.

3. The run around............well it's like this. The banks (insert here virtually any big conglomerate) give you the run around AKA representative representative representative with their useless aggravating time-consuming voice prompts, hoping you will get frustrated and aggravated and eventually just go away. They are doing the same thing.

4. And most importantly is the amount of radiation they give off. Get a radiation meter and check. Anonymous friend lost his sh!t when he got a meter and checked. It read in the house through the wall! So if you, your kids are sleeping next to that meter, IN THE HOUSE, then you are being bombarded with that stuff. But think about it. That meter is taking the place of someone either coming to read it or it must be transferring the data to an office miles away.

Wonder how long before you see lawsuits and this debacle will cost them money to remove or fix the meters but, take solace in the fact that the murph and legislatures will allow them to pass the cost of it on to the nj consumer.

I did notice a year or so ago they change my meter from the analog type to a digital  without me knowing i dont know if it is just a digital one or a rf meter  the plain one is the one they installed , the other is what i here is the rf one.

R (1).jpg

shutterstock_709841746.jpg

It's all about control, with the "internet of things," they'll be able to turn down your heat, turn up your A/C, etc., for the sake of "energy conservation." This is one of those things that everyone should say NO to! This all ties into the end of privacy and them wanting to know EVERYTHING about us and our habits, preferences, etc. It's sinister in short.

1 hour ago, Michael Britt said:

It's all about control, with the "internet of things," they'll be able to turn down your heat, turn up your A/C, etc., for the sake of "energy conservation." This is one of those things that everyone should say NO to! This all ties into the end of privacy and them wanting to know EVERYTHING about us and our habits, preferences, etc. It's sinister in short.

JCP&L  some 20 years ago sold me on a device to regulate my AC during peak and odd peak hours, they controlled it,  in  4  days and I called to get that off my AC, their idea of cool was not mine, and staving the power burned out a Capacitor. that they paid for. Then 2 years ago offered 2 free Nest WFI programmable thermostats,  :shock:  no thanks.

Have 3 zone heat 1 zone cooling 4 thermostats in all all manual and auto set. I control them 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Look into Texas and smart energy meters. They were tweaking everyone’s power constantly.   My buddy works for Jcpl on a suit and tie level pretty high up, and he said that where I’m at (Warren county) they have a lot of people refusing the smart meters. As far as he believes it won’t be to regulate the power usage. More or less just a way to cut jobs and will reduce the need to report power outages as they should be notified with the smart meter. My hatred for Jcpl runs deep after they refused to believe my power issue was on their end vs mine. Multiple visits telling me it’s a problem in my house   As my house flickered like a nightclub. Multiple electricians paid for by us to tell me it’s Jcpl. Some new appliances later Jcpl says I have a lost neutral on their end underground.  They replaced a few hundred feet of underground cable to my house.  I despise them with a passion.  

41 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

Look into Texas and smart energy meters. They were tweaking everyone’s power constantly.   My buddy works for Jcpl on a suit and tie level pretty high up, and he said that where I’m at (Warren county) they have a lot of people refusing the smart meters. As far as he believes it won’t be to regulate the power usage. More or less just a way to cut jobs and will reduce the need to report power outages as they should be notified with the smart meter. My hatred for Jcpl runs deep after they refused to believe my power issue was on their end vs mine. Multiple visits telling me it’s a problem in my house   As my house flickered like a nightclub. Multiple electricians paid for by us to tell me it’s Jcpl. Some new appliances later Jcpl says I have a lost neutral on their end underground.  They replaced a few hundred feet of underground cable to my house.  I despise them with a passion.  

When we moved up here they CUT the power instead of switching the accounts. So of course the sump in basement wasn't on during the heavy July rains and it was in the 90s temp-wise. I called and chewed them out all weekend...they finally came like 0230 Mon AM and turned it back on. They left me a bad taste from the getgo!