IGNORED

Novix stand

3Blade

1 minute ago, CYP said:

Eh, sticking to a climber most likely.  I like the wrap around mental affect. 

Climbers are great and have their place.  But when you wand snd need to be in a specific spot and the trees don't allow for a climber having other options can be the difference in punching a tag or watching deer from a distance 

4 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Climbers are great and have their place.  But when you wand snd need to be in a specific spot and the trees don't allow for a climber having other options can be the difference in punching a tag or watching deer from a distance 

My brain on the ground agrees, my brain in the air does not 

1 minute ago, CYP said:

My brain on the ground agrees, my brain in the air does not 

Start in the off season with another method hang on or saddle.  Start low 5 or 6 ft with life line if using hang on.  But if you feel ok in a climber I would think bring in a saddle always connected to tree would work

Just now, vdep217 said:

Start in the off season with another method hang on or saddle.  Start low 5 or 6 ft with life line if using hang on.  But if you feel ok in a climber I would think bring in a saddle always connected to tree would work

Thats a good idea and I have been considering doing just that.  I have a couple of trees in the back yard I can use, and have considered it. 

3 minutes ago, CYP said:

Thats a good idea and I have been considering doing just that.  I have a couple of trees in the back yard I can use, and have considered it. 

Using a saddle IMO will feel very foreign to you if you don’t like even using a hang on .

But it is the safest way to hunt as you’re always attached to the tree . But you need to be comfortable moving around allowing the harness to safely hold you .

IMO for someone afraid of falling and heights the best option is a quality ladder stand .

They confine you , are easy to climb .

ones with mesh web seats are as comfortable to sit in as a recliner .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

7 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Using a saddle IMO will feel very foreign to you if you don’t like even using a hang on .

But it is the safest way to hunt as you’re always attached to the tree . But you need to be comfortable moving around allowing the harness to safely hold you .

IMO for someone afraid of falling and heights the best option is a quality ladder stand .

They confine you , are easy to climb .

ones with mesh web seats are as comfortable to sit in as a recliner .

Agree, ladders are best for guys with fear of heights hands down

AWM

17 minutes ago, CYP said:

I don’t think hanging midair from a rope will make you feel better than standing on platform, considering your fear of heights 

39 minutes ago, CYP said:

You guys leave ladders out on public?

Honestly seeing more ladders on public land than hang ones.

takes dedication to carry it in , and not many guys going to take it and need to carry it out 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/