IGNORED

Truck Mileage - how high would you go?

12 hours ago, BHC said:

Jack, I don't have a Tundra anymore, I have a tacoma. They both superior to the F150 in reliability, that's a fact. Another fact is that engine you have in yours will not last it will show signs of problems, Ford has many issues with the F150 let alone they don't know how to build and maintain hybred engines like in your truck. 

Not a hybrid. Gas only. I drove a hybrid and just did not see any real advantage - not enough to pull the trigger. The specs I posted are real.  I don’t see any truck made coming close to that HP/torque/ gas mileage combo.  In my 3rd f-150 now and no issues but I have not kept them long either. Never beyond  warranty. I love the ford technology and ease of use over other brands. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

20 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Not a hybrid. Gas only. I drove a hybrid and just did not see any real advantage - not enough to pull the trigger. The specs I posted are real.  I don’t see any truck made coming close to that HP/torque/ gas mileage combo.  In my 3rd f-150 now and no issues but I have not kept them long either. Never beyond  warranty. I love the ford technology and ease of use over other brands. 

Lets be honest here.....you don't keep beyond warranty (36,000) because you know you will be paying for repairs. Your business what you do with your $$$$$$$$$$. Though, depreciation is HUGE when buying a new truck every two to three years. Buy a truck that is reliable and you can keep beyond the warranty and save some $$$$$$$$$.

17 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Toyota is # 1 because they simply make the most reliable vehicle that holds its value better than all the rest. Proof is in the pudding.

I hate to say it but Toyota’s are really reliable and great longevity. But if they just weren’t so ugly. The Tacoma is decent looking but the Tundras are just pitiful looking

AWM

26 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Lets be honest here.....you don't keep beyond warranty (36,000) because you know you will be paying for repairs. Your business what you do with your $$$$$$$$$$. Though, depreciation is HUGE when buying a new truck every two to three years. Buy a truck that is reliable and you can keep beyond the warranty and save some $$$$$$$$$.

I think he is playing the switch game since Covid .

trucks are going up so ridiculously in price each year .low miles  Turn in are getting close to what was paid for the truck .

guys that paid say 40k for a truck in 20 got 37k to trade it in 22 , so you get to drive it for a few grand . But the next truck is 15k more .

then in 24 you trade that one in for 47 k on the now 60k truck .

the loss is in the sales taxes of a grand or so .(only pay tax on the difference of 2 prices ) But in 24 you still have the truck worth top dollar .

so the value comes in what you actually paid per year to drive each truck .

st todays prices if not driving 12k it may be cheaper to lease it and know you just have a steady truck payment .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

I think he is playing the switch game since Covid .

trucks are going up so ridiculously in price each year .low miles  Turn in are getting close to what was paid for the truck .

guys that paid say 40k for a truck in 20 got 37k to trade it in 22 , so you get to drive it for a few grand . But the next truck is 15k more .

then in 24 you trade that one in for 47 k on the now 60k truck .

the loss is in the sales taxes of a grand or so .(only pay tax on the difference of 2 prices ) But in 24 you still have the truck worth top dollar .

so the value comes in what you actually paid per year to drive each truck .

st todays prices if not driving 12k it may be cheaper to lease it and know you just have a steady truck payment .

I priced up a new F350 Lariat crew cab, 6.7 diesel, 4x4 with a real truck bed. 90k

5 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

I priced up a new F350 Lariat crew cab, 6.7 diesel, 4x4 with a real truck bed. 90k

Heavy duty trucks are even more out of control than the 1/2 tons .

if I was buying a new 1 ton I would be looking at western hauler . For the same or less money as a dealer you can get huge upgrades in the truck .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

LOL I didn't mean to trigger the Toyota vs Ford debate! But i guess there's no avoiding it when asking for advice when buying a truck.

Rates are still high AF too ---- September looks like the best time to by. Rate cuts expected but who knows

5 minutes ago, FeniQuest217 said:

LOL I didn't mean to trigger the Toyota vs Ford debate! But i guess there's no avoiding it when asking for advice when buying a truck.

Rates are still high AF too ---- September looks like the best time to by. Rate cuts expected but who knows

Ram truck month used to be march . Incentives were crazy then .

i don’t think they have done it since 2021 when things went nuts . But if they bring it back now that things have started to settle down , that’s the time to buy 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING